The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 28th, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #577
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

YJ - upcoming episode info

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old March 29th, 2012   Jake1823 is offline   #578
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I can't figure out who the traitor is; can anybody else? I actually thought that subplot was done with the Red Tornado episode.

Where is everybody?
Old March 29th, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #579
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

I can't figure out who the traitor is; can anybody else? I actually thought that subplot was done with the Red Tornado episode.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I'm guessing Artemis but is doing it under duress or framed as one by one of the villains.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old March 29th, 2012   JRCarter is offline   #580
JRCarter
Advanced Geoffan

ddf
Jake1823 View Post
One popular theory is Superboy might be a sleeper agent.

Old April 15th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #581
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

Well, the question of the sleeper agent was revealed this past weekend in the Usual Suspects episode. I think this was my fave episodes of the season but that's due in part to everything that came before it. Another new member for the team and five for the League.
Man, this is one of the best looking League line-ups I've seen since the silver age. And YJ are getting to be a power house too. Really great series that has met my high expectations from Weisman.

Anyhow next season should be a helluva ride.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old April 15th, 2012   Mackaybear is offline   #582
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

It was a great episode thought the way everything was revealed felt a bit rushed.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read

I never would have guessed it was a possessed Red Arrow, compromised by Vandal Savage who was the Mole. Now he's got the entire JL under his control..Quite a shocking way to end the episode.

I loved seeing Icon and Rocket. Rocket will make a good addition to the team. And to have the secrets revealed the way they were was cool. So I guess we're gonna see a JL VS YJ fight now.

It'll be hard to wait for the next episodes.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old April 20th, 2012   Jake1823 is offline   #583
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

It did feel a bit rushed, and I thought a great twist would have been if...

Miss Martian was revealed as the traitor. Think about it, first Arrowette's flashback reveals her innocence, then Superboy's, then we're to expect M'Gann's. But...it doesn't come. I thought that would have been pretty shocking, yet understandable. It's not like she's a villain, she was being blackmailed. And time would redeem her, so she wouldn't have been ruined.

Still, the episode was satisfactory. I'm looking forward to seeing the YJ kick butt with this new story arc.

Where is everybody?
Old April 21st, 2012   John Casey is offline   #584
John Casey
Geoffan

Well this week sure unveiled some major spoilers.....

YJ and Red Tornado vs. Starro chip controlled Justice League.

1) Vandal Savage reveals how all the villains were involved up until this point.
2) You know that "Roy" is the mole. But what you don't know is this is a CADMUS CLONE of Roy Harper. We don't know how long the real Roy Harper has been "missing" but what we find out in the end is that the REAL Roy Harper has been under suspended animation deep with in Project Cadmus. Oh yeah...He has a missing arm as well on this earth.
3) Several Leaguers have been under the control of Savage longer than the others. Thus making them wonder what exactly have they done.
4) Clark accepts Conner and talks with him.

Coming attractions for next week......

1) Robin in the new Robin costume
2) Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy join the Team.
3) an alien invasion occurs due to the actions of the mind controlled JL.

I really am enjoying this series ALOT.

Old April 21st, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #585
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

It was freaking awesome, imo.

Just about everybody was utilized very well.
I like what I've seen of Rocket so far and hope she stays.
Great strategy by the heroes in freeing the others.
The action was well choreographed.
Plenty of nice little touches like Zatanna trying to free her father from Nabu and Miss Martian letting Superboy and Superman having a moment to talk.

Now I wish this is what the comics were like. Exploring and developing characters and concepts. Interesting stories that give you closure but develop other plot threads. Fun, dramatic, thrilling, familiar but different.

Can't wait to see Lagoon Boy, Blue Beetle, and Wonder Girl. I wonder if Will is still the voice for Jaime.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old April 22nd, 2012   Jake1823 is offline   #586
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I'm still looking for some development with Rocket. There's no reason to invest in her yet. Plus, her sudden liking to Aqualad seemed contrived. I also rolled my eyes at the fact they matched up the two black characters together, the two aliens together, and the white characters together.

Other than that, I thought it was a well-done episode. The developments for Roy were very cool, although I was shocked that they carried over the...

missing limb.

Just a question, because I missed it, SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
who engineered the anti-starro doohickey the YJ used?

Where is everybody?
Old April 22nd, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #587
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

I'm still looking for some development with Rocket. There's no reason to invest in her yet. Plus, her sudden liking to Aqualad seemed contrived. I also rolled my eyes at the fact they matched up the two black characters together, the two aliens together, and the white characters together.

Other than that, I thought it was a well-done episode. The developments for Roy were very cool, although I was shocked that they carried over the...

missing limb.

Just a question, because I missed it, SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
who engineered the anti-starro doohickey the YJ used?

ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Since Rocket's Aqualad kiss wasn't as intimate as the others, I figured it could've been just a friend kiss at New Years thing.

I was surprised by Roy missing a limb as well, I wonder what direction they're going to take with him and the clone.

Queen Mera, Dr. Serling Roquette, Dr. Amanda Spence, and Vulko were responsible for the anti-Starro thing.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old April 28th, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #588
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

i don't know about this 5 year jump, some of the new recruits are nice but i liked the setup from the 1st year. hopefully, aqualad and others aren't gone.

is it me or is blue beetle's speaking pattern overdone?

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old April 28th, 2012   John Casey is offline   #589
John Casey
Geoffan

This show continues to impress me on so many levels.....

I enjoyed what the 5-year jump produced as far as character development....

Nightwing
Tim Drake-Robin
Blue Beetle
Wonder Girl

And even an appearance from the "Main-Man" himself!

If you haven't seen Young Justice: Invasion yet, what are you waiting for?

Old April 28th, 2012   Jake1823 is offline   #590
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I don't know why they needed to do a jump. Why not a progression, where people come and go?

Still, some nice plot points were set up, along with the overarching plot of the invasion. I'm really interested to see what happened with M'Gann and Conner. And where's Wally, Artemis, and Roy? Not to mention Aqualad.

Where is everybody?
Old April 28th, 2012   John Casey is offline   #591
John Casey
Geoffan

I don't know why they needed to do a jump. Why not a progression, where people come and go?

Still, some nice plot points were set up, along with the overarching plot of the invasion. I'm really interested to see what happened with M'Gann and Conner. And where's Wally, Artemis, and Roy? Not to mention Aqualad.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
The Roy Harper plotline was one loose end that I was really interested in seeing resolved.

Old April 28th, 2012   Ben Ronning is offline   #592
Ben Ronning
Neo Geoffan

Well, this is Greg Weisman. I do not believe that he likes to leave plot threads dangling unless someone pulls the rug under him and cancels the show or otherwise take it out of his hands.

"It may take Darkseid three billion voices to command my surrender, but I only need one to say: 'No!'"