The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Greg Rucka > Greg's Comic Book Café

Greg's Comic Book Café Grab a latte and come in and chat!

Old July 7th, 2011   Winterboy is offline   #545
Winterboy

Me too!

Old July 7th, 2011   Winterboy is offline   #546
Winterboy

Rucka talks about Punisher and the MU..
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=33152

Definitely I want to see Rucka writing more MU characters...

Old July 14th, 2011   Epic Conventions is offline   #547
Epic Conventions

Mr. Rucka,

My name is Jeff Morris. We contacted briefly on Facebook about you possibly coming out to our next convention in St. Louis, MO on June 9th & 10th, 2012.

Could you e-mail me if you are interested in letting us bring you out to the show? my e-mail is jeff@projectcomiccon.com

Our website is www.projectcomiccon.com

Thanks for your time. I look forward to your reply.
--
Jeff Morris
PROJECT:Comic Con - June 9th & 10th, 2012
www.projectcomiccon.com

Old July 19th, 2011   profsmith is offline   #548
profsmith
Decompressing

Greg man, huge fan, and have never had reason to take issue with anything you've written...til now. I just wrapped Private Wars, terrific novel, but one thing really was nagging at me to the degree that I had to try and get some sort of insight from you -- because maybe it's just me and I am missing something? It seemed clear to me that motherhood had changed Tara, that she did not want Stepan to die, that she did wish for Ruslan to die. So why then did she kill him, when she could as easily, at the distance, have shot him in the hand(s), somewhere, anywhere, disabled him, even a crippling shot, to prevent him from firing the Starstreak? It seems like that killing choice undermines the arc of her development as a person throughout the book -- certainly many of my favorite writers have made choices from time to time in plotting that made me wonder, but this is the first time I have felt the need to try and get some sort of answer, which I suppose is a testament to my respect for you as a writer, and my love of your work.

So hey, Greg -- help a brother out?

Old July 25th, 2011   jacoblb is offline   #549
jacoblb

please delete.
Last edited by jacoblb; July 25th, 2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: need to quote reply i agree with.

Old July 25th, 2011   jacoblb is offline   #550
jacoblb

Can't wait!!
ddf
Ken Liner View Post
Ditto!

Old August 8th, 2011   Willie Kane is offline   #551
Willie Kane
Decompressing

Greg...are the bookplates for The Last Run still available? I bought a paperback. IS that ok?

Old October 11th, 2011   MechanisticMoth is offline   #552
MechanisticMoth
Decompressing

Hey Greg,
I talked to you at GeekGirlCon about trying to get you to come and do a talk at my school, the University of Puget Sound. It would mostly be about representing women and minorities within the comics industry. I'd just like to follow up and see if you're interested. I also sent an e-mail through Lady Sabre for you.

Thanks,
Elliott.

Old October 17th, 2011   joslezio85 is offline   #553
joslezio85
Decompressing

hope im doing this right...first time on the site. do you ever plan on making an Atticus Kodiak graphic novel...because that would be awesome. Also a fistful of rain would be a great comic adaption as well.

Old November 19th, 2011   Somebody1 is offline   #554
Somebody1

Default The age of the Punisher

Hi Greg. I was actually going to write a long question concerning the Punisher but I had to point something out after reading a recent article online. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but I'm quite sure Punisher has reverted back to being in his prime (in his mid 30s I think). This happened during The Frankencastle arc were he had the bloodstone. So Punisher isn't supposed to have that issue with aging in real time anymore.

Old December 9th, 2011   thegoat31 is offline   #555
thegoat31
Decompressing

Default XMas help

Hi Greg,
Me and my two friends Duncan and Eric are huge fans, we specifically loved Batman: No Man’s Land and your webcomic. I was trying to figure out a way to get a couple (maybe three but my friends are more important) signed photos of yourself (or anything signed by yourself) to give as Xmas gifts. Is there anyway I could get you to send me something?

I know you’re busy but it would mean the world to me and I know they would get a kick out of it.

I’ll be able to send you money to cover any costs. Please let me know if you have a second. Thanks!

Your fan,
Nicolas Cuenca

Old January 6th, 2012   slkrebs is offline   #556
slkrebs

Hi Greg,

happy New Year!

I was wondering if there're audiobook versions planned for the 4th and 5th Kodiak novel (Shooting at Midnight and Critical Space)? I couldn't find them anywhere so I suppose they don't exist (yet).

Thanks in advance for replying.
Best regards,
Stefan

Old January 14th, 2012   Epic Conventions is offline   #557
Epic Conventions

Old March 31st, 2012   TitansFan is offline   #558
TitansFan
Titanic Horseman

gone

"What kind of Superhero needs to wet himself every hour?" -- TTYO #2

Crazy Titans Fan!

"You have two choices...."

Proud New Yorker
Old April 3rd, 2012   kenjan74 is offline   #559
kenjan74
Decompressing

Hi Greg,

I was listening to your panel from Emerald City Comic Con and learned that you and Ed Brubaker are fans of Sherlock Holmes. I was wondering if you'd care to read the first issue of my Bluewater Productions mini-series "Sherlock Holmes: Victorian Knights". I can send a digital version of it or a hard copy. I also have pulp stories published in books by Pro Se Productions, Airship27, and Pulp Empire. Email me at janssensken@hotmail.com if you would be interested in any of these. Thank you for your time.

Old June 6th, 2012   FatherFletch is offline   #560
FatherFletch
Decompressing

Greg
It was a pleasure to meet you at Emerald City Comic Con this year. I am glad that we could get your son down to play some MtG.
I also noticed that you tweeted about the Traveller 5 Kickstarter campaign! While I knew you had written game material I had no idea you were a LBB fan, like myself. And how many characters did you generate through the IISS career path over the years? Probably as many as I did...
Are you planning to attend PAX Prime in Seattle this year? If so please stop by the Tabletop gaming section and let me give you a tour of my domain!
Thanks
Christian "Father Fletch" Kelley