The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Green Lantern

Old June 16th, 2010   ggiandonato is offline   #17
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

maybe dc or geoff johns is not thinking that far back with the extreme justice days. and if that holds water, then yes he just might be a college kid who likes to party.
ddf
White Lighting View Post
This is what I was trying to say.

Old June 16th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #18
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

Ronnie did have a problem with drinking back in EJ, but I'm reading his drinking in Brightest Day as just a college kid that likes to party.
ddf
ggiandonato View Post
That makes little sense. If he "had" a drinking problem, he did not get over it. Alcoholics remain alcoholics even if they never take a drink again. So, if he "did have a problem with drinking back in EJ", he would not be a "college kid that likes to party", but someone who fell off the wagon.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
maybe you can sum it up for me. dont know what this "thread" is for

I don't remember him drinking in extreme justice though, I was just going by what's been written as of the last month or so
ddf
White Lighting View Post
maybe dc or geoff johns is not thinking that far back with the extreme justice days. and if that holds water, then yes he just might be a college kid who likes to party.
ddf
White Lighting View Post
This is what I was trying to say.
ddf
ggiandonato View Post
I knew what you meant and I think your right

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old June 16th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #19
virtuadept
bye.

he doesn't have a drinking problem.

he drinks.

he gets drunk.

NO PROBLEM!!

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old June 16th, 2010   Atom is offline   #20
Atom
Gone. Gone. Gone.

I don't know how much longer I can keep getting this.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
I have to reluctantly agree with you, Darth. There's some interesting "wow" moments in each issue - some a bit less wow than others, but still - yet overall, I'm not feeling a cohesive pattern to all this and it's starting to drag for me. While I really want to know what's going on with Ronnie... want to see how Ray fits into all this... want to find out what's happening to the Hawks... am curious what's going on with Deadman... I still don't feel a sense of urgency or even the hint of a thread to a story here other than many disconnected moments that are sometimes interesting.

Sure, they were brought back by the ring - I get that. But why? I'd expect after this point in the series, we'd have some sort of clue. And maybe I'm just dense (I've been called worse ), but I'm not feeling it.

I'll give it 1 more issue to grab me and then I might just wait for it to show up in the 50 cent bins along with Countdown and 52.

Webmaster of the Former Unofficial Homepage of the Atom - all good things must come to an end...
Old June 16th, 2010   darthlucifuge is offline   #21
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

I have to reluctantly agree with you, Darth. There's some interesting "wow" moments in each issue - some a bit less wow than others, but still - yet overall, I'm not feeling a cohesive pattern to all this and it's starting to drag for me. While I really want to know what's going on with Ronnie... want to see how Ray fits into all this... want to find out what's happening to the Hawks... am curious what's going on with Deadman... I still don't feel a sense of urgency or even the hint of a thread to a story here other than many disconnected moments that are sometimes interesting.

Sure, they were brought back by the ring - I get that. But why? I'd expect after this point in the series, we'd have some sort of clue. And maybe I'm just dense (I've been called worse ), but I'm not feeling it.

I'll give it 1 more issue to grab me and then I might just wait for it to show up in the 50 cent bins along with Countdown and 52.
ddf
Atom View Post
Pretty much my feelings.
The decompression on this is really killing the pacing.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 16th, 2010   God-Man is offline   #22
God-Man
God-Man Don't Socialize

Answers are supposed to come starting with #7, but I'm not waiting that long.

Old June 16th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #23
White Lighting

maybe geoff could stop by an post an image or two to appease the fans on an upcoming issue or two

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old June 16th, 2010   Scott Mateo is offline   #24
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

he doesn't have a drinking problem.

he drinks.

he gets drunk.

NO PROBLEM!!
ddf
virtuadept View Post
Really?

[/quote]

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 16th, 2010   Scott Mateo is offline   #25
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

...from EXTREME JUSTICE #16 and SHOWCASE '96 #6.

All I want to know if these stories are still canon.

Old June 16th, 2010   Joshua Pantalleresco is offline   #26
Joshua Pantalleresco
Mr. Pants

I don't know how much longer I can keep getting this.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
I can relate. I dropped the book. I decided to wait for the trade for this, even if it takes a year to get there.

JP

Check out Veritas, my new comic Here and Here.

Spread the Word!
Old June 16th, 2010   justicezombies is offline   #27
justicezombies
Neo Geoffan

On the basis of the art alone, I vote this gets retconned. Ugh.

Old June 16th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #28
White Lighting

doubt it, we haven't seen zan in years
seriously, I dont see geoff going that far back.
like some of us said, seems to be a college kid who like to party

Old June 17th, 2010   Chris D. is offline   #29
Chris D.
The Mogolicious Horseman

They need to rename it "Brightest Day for the DC Universe on a hamster wheel" bc this is going nowhere so far

Old June 17th, 2010   Scott Mateo is offline   #30
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

doubt it, we haven't seen zan in years
seriously, I dont see geoff going that far back.
like some of us said, seems to be a college kid who like to party
ddf
White Lighting View Post
It's funny how some fans feel it's ok to cherry pick continuity with characters they don't care about or are unfamiliar with. If someone did this to Wally West, you'd be crapping bricks all over the place.

Old June 17th, 2010   shamon2k7 is offline   #31
shamon2k7
Geoffan

so the woman that looks like mera is V'Lana that was in the book .
here the info i got from a friend

At some point, it was discovered that Mera would die if she continued to live on Earth, for the vibrations of this plane of existence were to tearing her body apart. She was exiled to her dimension to live there seemingly forever, away from her husband. But her body was taken over and cured of this strange factor by the woman chosen to rule after Mera's departure to Earth, V'Lana. V'Lana came to Earth to learn how to gain control over the fish of Earth, as her realm had no fish. The fish would become V'Lana's army and allow her to gain control over her entire dimension. But V'Lana's plans were thwarted by Aquaman and Mera (whose consciousness was still in her body, she could only send telepathic messages). Then Mera came back to Earth, to live happy forever with her husband.
ddf

Old June 17th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #32
White Lighting

It's funny how some fans feel it's ok to cherry pick continuity with characters they don't care about or are unfamiliar with. If someone did this to Wally West, you'd be crapping bricks all over the place.
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
I dont see anyone cherry picking on here, what I do see is geoff maybe not using what happened in extreme justice.