The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

View Poll Results: How would you rate Blackest Night Titans #1?
***** 25 47.17%
**** 18 33.96%
*** 4 7.55%
** 2 3.77%
* 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 29th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #97
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I assume it's wherever Atlee's race put it when they got the DNA from it to help make Terra II?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old August 29th, 2009   Sentinel119 is offline   #98
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

Is this the first we see of the possible white lanterns?
ddf
TTitanFan25 View Post
Oh this is definitely a hint of the white lanterns. I would not be surprised if it is all about balancing the emotional spectrum. There are a a few people that could do this.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old August 29th, 2009   Hol is offline   #99
Hol
persona non grata

Hey all! I meant to stop by earlier, but was having access issues. Seriously, how can we keep all thee usernames and passwords straight?

Glad to see so many of you are enjoying the first issue. It's only going to get more horrific from here on out.

I have another BN comment, but i'll post it in the thread already talking about it.
ddf
JT Krul View Post
I read this issue and freaking LOVE'D it! Best Titans comic in years! Since Geoff left the title...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write the main Titans ongoing. You rock man. Big fan. What else do you have coming out?

Old August 29th, 2009   JT Krul is offline   #100
JT Krul

I read this issue and freaking LOVE'D it! Best Titans comic in years! Since Geoff left the title...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write the main Titans ongoing. You rock man. Big fan. What else do you have coming out?
ddf
Hol View Post
Thanks. A lot of credit goes to Geoff, Eddie, Brian, Adam, Rex and the gang. Not to mention Benes and the rest of the art team. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY happy with how the project is turning out.

As for DC stuff, I'm writing a two-part BN tie-in for TEEN TITANS - featuring RAVAGER and DEATHSTROKE, plus a RED ARROW spotlight issue in TITANS in Nov. More to come after that. : )

I also write a lot for ASPEN COMICS. FATHOM Vol. #3 is just finishing up, as is the SOULFIRE: NEW WORLD ORDER miniseries. SOULFIRE Vol. #2 premieres in Sept. with art by current RED ROBIN artist, MARCUS TO.

And, I have a creator-owned book coming out early 2010 called MINDFIELD about telepathic CIA operatives who function as a kind of thought police to combat domestic terrorism.

Oh, and I just found out yesterday that a BEACH HEAD G.I.JOE story I wrote will also be coming out after the first of the year.

jt

Old August 29th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #101
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

As for DC stuff, I'm writing a two-part BN tie-in for TEEN TITANS - featuring RAVAGER and DEATHSTROKE, plus a RED ARROW spotlight issue in TITANS in Nov. More to come after that. : )
ddf
JT Krul View Post
Looking forward to it, Sir!

You do realize that there are now many of us fervantly hoping that you get one of the Titans books permanently....

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old August 29th, 2009   Askanipsion is offline   #102
Askanipsion
Geoffan

You do realize that there are now many of us fervantly hoping that you get one of the Titans books permanently....
ddf
DeTroyes View Post
As good as BN Titans was, it actually "felt" like the Titans for the first time in many many years.

Would love to see him on "Titans" permanently

BRING BACK LILITH !!!!

DC save the "Titans"!!
Old August 29th, 2009   Askanipsion is offline   #103
Askanipsion
Geoffan

And, I have a creator-owned book coming out early 2010 called MINDFIELD about telepathic CIA operatives who function as a kind of thought police to combat domestic terrorism.
ddf
JT Krul View Post
Ooooo I love LOVE telepaths! I will have to pick this up.

Will my favorite Titan, telepath Lilith, also appear in "BN Titans" #2?

BRING BACK LILITH !!!!

DC save the "Titans"!!
Old August 29th, 2009   curiouswanderer is offline   #104
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

As good as BN Titans was, it actually "felt" like the Titans for the first time in many many years.

Would love to see him on "Titans" permanently
ddf
Askanipsion View Post

I thought it was kind of sad that the only book on the stands that actually feels like a "Titans" book is a mini series about all the dead Titans. I really do wish that JT was getting the Titans book (no offense to the new writer) and it was to actually be about "The" Titans.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old August 29th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #105
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Cool news on all the new books coming out, JT! I think you on Titans and either Brian Q. Miller on TT (based on his performance on this last arc and how well he handled a less than stellar situation to be handed with) or J. FREAKING TORRES! on TT would be the perfect combination for these books.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old August 29th, 2009   Pangaea is offline   #106
Pangaea

By the way, what are the chances that Kole, Bushido, Anima, Molecule, Marvin, Gnarrk, or Power Boy will make an appearance in any of the Blackest Night series?

Old August 29th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #107
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Ooooo I love LOVE telepaths! I will have to pick this up.

Will my favorite Titan, telepath Lilith, also appear in "BN Titans" #2?
ddf
Askanipsion View Post
Well she'd kinda have to wouldn't she? I doubt they'd re-kill her off panel after all.

Old August 30th, 2009   DaVeO is offline   #108
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

Holly! Nooooooooo. We hardly knew ya.

Oh well, she went out fighting. I do hope all of our dead heroes return though.

Kinda sad that Dawn and Holly were never really officially put on the Titans for an extended time.

I haven't collected Titans since Geoff left, but I very much enjoyed this issue and look forward to #'s 2-3. Blackest Night has been excellent so far in all it's forms.

Old August 30th, 2009   Five is offline   #109
Five
Neo Geoffan

Location: Baltimore during off season, South Carolina for college

Oh this is definitely a hint of the white lanterns. I would not be surprised if it is all about balancing the emotional spectrum. There are a a few people that could do this.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
Gah, I hope we don't see white lanterns.

I enjoyed this issue. Black Lantern Hawk is my favorite Black Lantern so far. I'm thoroughly surprised by how many characters they're killing off so early into the game. I mean, we still have 6 more months of Blackest Night. Maybe it's all part of the story.

How could BL Terra make herself look normal?

Old August 30th, 2009   Askanipsion is offline   #110
Askanipsion
Geoffan

How could BL Terra make herself look normal?
ddf
Five View Post
BL Lilith - she used her telepathic powers to make Beast Boy think Terra looked normal

BRING BACK LILITH !!!!

DC save the "Titans"!!
Old August 30th, 2009   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #111
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

Holly! Nooooooooo. We hardly knew ya.

Oh well, she went out fighting. I do hope all of our dead heroes return though.

Kinda sad that Dawn and Holly were never really officially put on the Titans for an extended time.

I haven't collected Titans since Geoff left, but I very much enjoyed this issue and look forward to #'s 2-3. Blackest Night has been excellent so far in all it's forms.
ddf
DaVeO View Post
What I find sad is that the last time we saw the new Hawk she was maimed in combat with no real word on her recovery or if she was alive or dead...next time we see her here shes just set up to die.

Same as Anima.

Would be kind of funny to see all the members from the titans east special get the same treatment...or it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I was almost ready to give this duo a chance...specially because i like Dawn so much but now...

What makes it worse I am so sick of heroes coming back. I actually want Holly and Garth to just stay dead.

Old August 30th, 2009   Five is offline   #112
Five
Neo Geoffan

Location: Baltimore during off season, South Carolina for college

BL Lilith - she used her telepathic powers to make Beast Boy think Terra looked normal
ddf
Askanipsion View Post
Ah that makes sense. Very sneaky.