The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #1
Rion1986
persona non grata

Default OMAC #6 Revulsions!!!!! spoilers

So I turn to the second-to-last page only to see the vomit-inducing shot of Batman kissing the freak-machine Sasha Bordeaux.

Talk about stomach-churning, and not to mention, majorly inconsistent. Batman's in love with Catwoman. Hasn't Rucka been talking to Geoff? Didn't he read the JLA Crisis of Conscience arc? Didn't he read the Catwoman ongoing, or Hush? I knew Rucka hated Catwoman, and I continue to be proven right with every Bat-related thing he writes.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that Bruce will never hook up with an electric monster like Sasha (who from now on will be called Slut-sha).

Old October 1st, 2005   hedtrauma is offline   #2
hedtrauma
Neo Geoffan

Wow, this may be the most idiotic post of all time... what is your point here? Batman and Sasha were an item a while back so it's not really crazy to think that he still has feelings for her.

Who bothered to spawn you... and why!?
HedTrauma
Old October 1st, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #3
Rion1986
persona non grata

Wow, this may be the most idiotic post of all time... what is your point here? Batman and Sasha were an item a while back so it's not really crazy to think that he still has feelings for her.
ddf
hedtrauma
Thanks for calling my opinion "idiotic". That's mature!!

And I made my point. Selina and Bruce are an item. I just think someone has an agenda to push Bruce with Slut-sha, a total bore of a character who's only been around for what, 4 years, compared to Batman and Catwoman's 65-year love fest?

Old October 1st, 2005   hedtrauma is offline   #4
hedtrauma
Neo Geoffan

Thanks for calling my opinion "idiotic". That's mature!!

And I made my point. Selina and Bruce are an item. I just think someone has an agenda to push Bruce with Slut-sha, a total bore of a character who's only been around for what, 4 years, compared to Batman and Catwoman's 65-year love fest?
ddf
Rion1986
not quite as mature as calling a fictional character Slut-sha...

Who bothered to spawn you... and why!?
HedTrauma
Old October 1st, 2005   WARRIOR is offline   #5
WARRIOR
Deactivated

Just (i.e. finally) read OMAC #6. I have to say I loved the writing of it and the story but the art was very uncompelling and clearly not up to the task and level that was needed for this kind of story.

The page where we see the two GL's and Wonder Woman from behind and the sea of OMAC's coming towards them. I couldn't wait to turn the page and see just this giant sea of color as thousands of heroes stood their ground in one of the coolest battle scenes EVER!!

Instead, it was rather blah and underwhelming. What's up with that?

I said the writing was top notch, as in there was a constant sense of danger and fear in the atomsphere of the story. The story itself, on the otherhand, was weak. Thank God for the good ole EMP plotpoint or else the heroes would've had to do something creative to save the day. And I would have LOVED to see about 20 more characters getting executed, maybe even some that people cared about.

I think this particular final issue would've benefited form having an extra long issue for its finale. I would've liked to have seen more struggle from the heroes, especially from Batman and the Blackhawks as they tried to execute their plan.

But that's just me. I liked how Rucka made it feel like an ending, but with another act to follow. Like I said, a mediocre story, written well. But with poor inconsistent art that wasn't up to par with the tale.

-Dan
Seriously, the JLA puts out a call and only 45(ish) heroes show up for the big fight? And Superman's NOT one of them? Come on.

Now bring on the Crisis!!!

Old October 1st, 2005   Professor Why is offline   #6
Professor Why
Multiversal Maniac

Well, just keep up the hope that Bruce and Selina will finally get together and stay an item... I've been pulling for it for years now... Guess the writers need to take care of all these other twists and turns along the way before we get to the end of this journey... If that means Bats presses flesh lips against metal in order to get there, then I guess that's where we'll have to be led...

Old October 1st, 2005   Professor Why is offline   #7
Professor Why
Multiversal Maniac

Or maybe she'll try to get Bruce jealous and go after Catman instead... j/k

Old October 1st, 2005   daxam is offline   #8
daxam
Yes, this is my real pic.

I don´t know.. kissing the android girl..mmmm

ˇcHAT sEMNAL dE COMIKS tO2 loZ jUEVEZ, zALA 100CIA fICZION d yAHOO!uNETE, T iNVITAMOz!
Old October 1st, 2005   LoneWolf21 is offline   #9
LoneWolf21
Advanced Geoffan

Well a relationship with an android worked pretty well for Wanda Maximoff....

Oh wait....

Old October 1st, 2005   spudman is offline   #10
spudman
Neo Geoffan

I have to say that I didn't really like the ending.It was okay and I don't really mind who the hell Bats gets with.We all know it won't turn into anything serious.

But the Hal Blue Beetle line was pure genius

And the last page was nice as well

Old October 1st, 2005   DLM is offline   #11
DLM
lol custom title

Well, part of her face turned back to flesh when Bats kissed, meaning she's not completely an android...which leads to only one conclusion:

Batman has magic powers.

But seriously, I don't see the big deal. He already kissed her previously (in #2?).

Respect isn't something you rub all over your body--it's something you have to earn.
Old October 1st, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #12
Rion1986
persona non grata

Well, part of her face turned back to flesh when Bats kissed, meaning she's not completely an android...which leads to only one conclusion:

Batman has magic powers.

But seriously, I don't see the big deal. He already kissed her previously (in #2?).
ddf
DLM
It's a big deal if you're a Brulina fan.

But I won't give up hope for my favourite comic book couple.

Old October 2nd, 2005   tempest_81 is offline   #13
tempest_81
persona non grata

It's a big deal if you're a Brulina fan.

But I won't give up hope for my favourite comic book couple.
ddf
Rion1986

Brulina? Stop posting, now.

Old October 1st, 2005   WARRIOR is offline   #14
WARRIOR
Deactivated

No no. Please don't.

Old October 1st, 2005   TitansFan is offline   #15
TitansFan
Titanic Horseman

It never has been established that Bruce is in love with Selina. They dont go on dates, and only hang out slightly, and pretty much if one's current mission overlaps with the other's. Sure she was at the cave in JLA but that's because she happened to be in the way of the Secret Society. All I've seen bruce do is sleep with her a few times and reveal his identity....but he's done that lots of times before...Sasha...Silver...Vicki... I've never seen anything about a commitment between the Bat and Cat. Thus far I see it as a friendship with benefits along with mutual respect for their costumed skills. Therefore I dont find the kiss with Sasha out of any continuity

"What kind of Superhero needs to wet himself every hour?" -- TTYO #2

Crazy Titans Fan!

"You have two choices...."

Proud New Yorker
Old October 1st, 2005   CapeandCowl is offline   #16
CapeandCowl
Gad Fly

Ok first....Bruce has a string of girlfriends he was in love or almost in love with at some point or another: Catwoman, Silver St. Cloud, Talia, Vesper Fairchild......the ones that haven't been greased he ends up breaking up with for some reason or another (ususally his doing) but his feelings for them almost never get resolved.

Ok, so in Hush, he FINALLY got over the whole Talia thing - at least for now. But how long did that thing go on? And its not like he did not have other women around him when Talia was hidding the mountains with daddy.

What is funny is that it is both in and out of character for Batman . On the one hand, the guy has issues with relationships. I think half the time Alfred wants to slap the crap out of him just to knock some sense into the guy. Bats is emotionally repressed, at least externally.
Internally, he seems to feel everything deeply - hence his rather drastic response to the JLA mindwipes. He doesn't walk up to Zantana and the gang and open a can of bat-whupass. No he builds the ulimate spy satellite to watch them. So it is no surprise that he can get into this problems with women. I mean, at the time he is getting all warm and fuzzy with Catwoman in Hush, he is dancing around the idea of dating Wonder Woman.
So even if Catwoman and Batman are still a sort-of-item (I am not sure that they are now, after she stomped out Wayne Manour in JLA #119) is really is not a shock that he is sill hot on Sasha.....

But I have to say this - Sasha is looking like a total freak. Its not just that she is some kind of andriod, but she has that one creepy Brother Eye, eye. ICK. She looks kinda like the villian in Superman 3 who gets turned into that freakin metal woman by Richard Pryor's supercomputer. She really should get that looked at.....
Last edited by CapeandCowl; October 1st, 2005 at 04:45 PM. Reason: cause I always end up with tipso...ytpos...typos..****!

Closed Thread