View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2009   Full of Utonium is offline   #17
Full of Utonium
Geoffan

Hawkman was still a pretty good book after Geoff left (if not as focused) but it was another casualty of OYL. I dropped it after Hawkgirl took over the title (and Carter disappeared entirely from it). I don't think Simonson can be totally blamed. The Hawkman book was really an adventure title which fit Carter's history and personality and Hawkgirl was a different character entirely (but then I've never Kendra that interesting). It just didn't work.

I blame the Flash problems on the constant Editorial changes rather than the writers.

I know a lot of people like McKeever but Teen Titans just went downhill after Geoff left. The characters seemed directionless and it wasn't really a fun book to read. To be honest it still isn't. I hope the new writer changes that.

Booster Gold remains one of my favorite books DC puts out. The quality hasn't really dropped since Geoff left. Jurgens created Booster Gold and gets the character as well as anyone.

So it's not a matter of Geoff leaving a title that causes problems, it's a matter of who DC gets to take his place and what editorial direction changes are made.

Buttercup: In the stomach or in the face?
Mojo Jojo:
How about an option of the third type?