View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013   TJLamb0518 is offline   #96
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

DC has no regard for philosophical passion. They need to be fighting banksters, propagandists, techno-fascists and GMO villains, and things like that.
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post

Sorry, what you're describing there would be the most boring (real world, yes) line of comics EVER.

Instead, all they care about doing is pumping out shallow pretenses for the latest costume fashion show and hot body contest.
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post
Because Power Girl's boob window generates 1,000 times more talk than Barbara Gordon in her Oracle days shtting down a cyber-terrorist. Comics are a visual medium.

And, what's worse, I doubt they even could ever get back to true heroism if they even wanted to, because now they're a corporate frat-boy megalith, whereas they weren't in the old days.
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post
Yeah, maaaaaan, they're tools of the man, maaaaaan. Occupy DC!

Without that corporate backing, DC could very well be a memory. But, of course, who cares about that?

I give DC Comics at MOST four more years before it ceases to exist as a separate publishing company.
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post

As much as I personally would love it, not gonna happen. Why? The evil corporation keeps their lights on.

Either Disney will buy it (as it's already bought Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Jim Henson Productions, etc.),
ddf
Dr_Decipher View Post
DOWN WITH THE MOUSE! EVIL RODENT!

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio