View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2006   TJLamb0518 is offline   #79
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

How is this even a serious question?

It's already been clearly stated that the level of violence done in IC (a Crisis event that only happens once every 20 YEARS, not in any ongoing series! ) was done BECAUSE it was so out of the ordinary in its intensity. If it became the norm, then a scene like that wouldn't work again, so why "ratchet up the violence"? Doing so would sacrifice the ability to show an intense scene like that again down the road, and I doubt Geoff would see the logic in doing that.
ddf
John Hays

Actually, I can almost see where this is coming from. If I recall the order of events correctly, first we had some people saying Atom Smasher stepping on some evil warlord guy in JSA was gruesome. Then we had Black Adam having a heart to heart with Kobra (well, it was one heart, but first Kobra had it then Black Adam did). Now we have the slaughter in IC #4. Then we apparently have the first superhero, Kal-L, the Golden Age Superman brutally beaten to death. So, there kind of IS a precednet for asking if Geoff is indulging in a "can you top this?" type of writing when it comes to depicting death on panel.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio