View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2006   Chris D. is offline   #66
Chris D.
The Mogolicious Horseman

Huh? That's one heck of a way to twist things. I'm "not comfortable with women being heros and facing the same consequences as men"? That's a loaded, fallacious claim if I ever heard one. Where did I ever say that?
ddf
JLG
Of course you didn't come out right and say it, but you're saying it anyway, although you might not notice.

Look, if Pantha died the way she did in the original draft - quick and at the same time as BW in the thick of things - I don't think I would've had as strong as a case, since her death there is treated the same as the men's. However, having her be the first to die, and the death that sets SBP off, that death is not equal to the others. Also note how one of the reasons Pantha was chosen to die first was for Red Star's and SBP's development (never mind her story was unfinished). Very different treatment than other men's deaths.
ddf
JLG
Grasping at straws if I've ever heard or seen it.

How many male heros are killed off based on the decision that they'll affect their girlfriend/wife's story?
ddf
JLG
a quick one...hmmmm.....Conner and Cassie

And what about Katma Tui?
ddf
JLG
What about Laira's father, created to die...OMG.....and back and forth and back and forth

But I have been constructively criticizing an event - how many times do I have to deconstruct a scene, discuss what goes into it and what the implications of it are? Funny how you ignore all the critical stuff I've been trying to do, and throw up claims about how I'm "sexist" and only making "personal barbs."
ddf
JLG

But it's funny how easy you can yell out sexism all the time though, isn't it?
I am not ignoring anything. It's your rants, attempts to twist things and barbs at Geoff, that take away from your argument and makes it border on being absolutely biased and ridiculous. Or can't you take consructive criticism?