The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   DC Comics (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Wonder Woman #1 talkback **spoilers** (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28298)

Madison Lee June 5th, 2006 03:52 PM

Wonder Woman #1 talkback **spoilers**

Ok kids, in just a few more days we will have in our hot little hands the newest addition to the Wonder Woman library:

Written by Allan Heinberg; Art and cover by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson; Variant cover by Adam Kubert

One year after the execution of Maxwell Lord and the earth-shattering events of INFINITE CRISIS, the DCU is still struggling to come to terms with its most powerful heroine. Is she a martyr or a murderer? A politician or a super hero?

Writer Allan Heinberg (Young Avengers, JLA, TV's The O.C. and Sex and the City) and artists Terry and Rachel Dodson (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Harley Quinn) provide surprising answers, giving Wonder Woman a fresh, sexy look and a bold new direction!

The series begins with the multi-part "Who Is Wonder Woman?" story arc, paying homage to the character's distinguished history while placing her firmly in the present with an all-new supporting cast, a brand-new mission, and a renewed sense of wonder. A treat for longtime fans and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers, Wonder Woman #1 features the icon you know and love as you've never seen her before!

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale June 7, 2006

So lets have a POSITIVE forum for the re-launch!
No bashing or trashing please, my nerves are still recovering from the last series.
This board has always been a positive place,as opposed to other DC related boards.
By all means be critical and heartfelt just try and be tactful at the same time! :)

imarriedsatanII June 5th, 2006 08:20 PM

I'm with you, Maddie!

I'll be a ray of sunshine. :D

The Spectre June 5th, 2006 09:51 PM

I'll be buying and I'll post my thoughts too. I'm looking forward to this book!

Madison Lee June 5th, 2006 10:07 PM

Sunshine, lollipops and wonder rainbows!

PMH June 5th, 2006 10:16 PM

I am locking this page until WW is out. I don't want to read through 5 pages before we get to a review ;)

2 more days people!!

4PointOh June 6th, 2006 01:02 PM

Wonder Woman #1 **spoilers**

Don't peek!

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72863

The issue starts with Wonder Woman being... Donna Troy. Yup, she's it apparently. BUT, she took on the mantle after Diana went on her self-imposed exile for the murder of Max Lord; Diana is still around apparently. Some terrorists are holding some people hostage (Details on most of this stuff later) and demand to speak to the real Wonder Woman, Diana, to answer for the murder of Lord.

And in the end of it, Donna goes in, gets ambushed, impaled by a villain with a sword, and left for dead with only a small hint of her still being alive. In the end of the issue, we see the police (or whoever they are) decide to attempt a rescue on the hostages by sending in someone (Like I said, details later), but they also decide to send in with him... Diana Prince.

Yea... you all figure it out. It seems to me as if we still don't know who the final Wonder Woman is going to be.

I will say the Dodson's art on this book was absolutely gorgeous; one of the best drawn books I've seen in a while. I'd pick it up on how it looked alone.

Danjester June 6th, 2006 01:36 PM

Well if it means SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Donna Troy

dies again, then I'm all for it. Can't stand the character.

Archon June 6th, 2006 01:38 PM

Nah she won't die they only just brought her back.

4PointOh June 6th, 2006 01:59 PM

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Oh, and the villains holding Steve Trevor hostage are Cheetah, Dr. Psycho and Gigants.

Danjester June 6th, 2006 02:00 PM

Dream Sequence possibly?

Maplecroft June 6th, 2006 03:18 PM

Nice how they managed to wrap all our worst fears in one issue to make most of us turn our head and say ugh!!! This bodes not well, I think issue 5 will be my last :(

Maplecroft June 6th, 2006 03:22 PM

Hmmm..seems the newsrama forum is having problems with the database. Hmmmmm....Interesting.

Mr Prince June 6th, 2006 03:32 PM

Sounds kind of good to me. I'm looking forward to the issue and the run.

All the best...

Scott

curiouswanderer June 6th, 2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maplecroft
Nice how they managed to wrap all our worst fears in one issue to make most of us turn our head and say ugh!!! This bodes not well, I think issue 5 will be my last :(

I'm not sure I understand you, are you saying that you did not like the first issue but will stay through Heinberg's run and leave before a different writer can take the reigns? I'm honestly not trying to be a smartalec, just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Ajax June 6th, 2006 04:23 PM

If true it will stay on the rack. I am still annoyed that the book was cancelled just for Wonder Woman to give a couple of pep talks in IC. Now her new run starts like this? There are other books waiting for my money.

pimpernel June 6th, 2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maplecroft
Nice how they managed to wrap all our worst fears in one issue.

Dunno what you're talking about everyone i know loves it.