The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Smallville Season 6 thread ( Spoilers, I'm sure )...... (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35836)

Feltonbass September 28th, 2006 10:49 PM

Smallville Season 6 thread ( Spoilers, I'm sure )......
 
OK, so I guess the old Smallville thread is kaput, might as well start one for season 6.

What did you all think of the Season Premiere?

Personally, I really dug it. Lana still drags the show down, however:

- Zod/Lex was great, just about perfect
- Phantom Zone was just how it should be
- I think I'm really going to like Ashmore's Jimmy, in the few moments he had, that was a fun Dynamic
- Finally something Jor-El did something that made sense: He created/discovered the Phantom Zone, why not make a back door only he or his family can use? Well Duh, that's a great idea
- Zod flies...awsome
- Zod and Clark fly and then fight.....Freakin Awsome
- "Kneel before Zod".....It had to happen
- Kryptonian Criminals AND Zod are all still out there, on Earth....legitamte threats for Clark
- Evil Lionel on his way back? Vessel for Zod?
- All that, and a CK from Jimmy.

And then there's the usual Smallville logic:

- Martha Kent's plane crashes.....at the Fortress of Solitude.
- Another episode, another excuse for Lana to get beat up.........just kill her already.
- You know Clohe, why are youstill trusting Lionel? Didn't try to kill you and your entire family like 2 years ago?
- Look Lana Lana, Clarks being Super again, you gotta see this......oh sorry, you've been conviently knocked out. Your loss I guess.

All in all a great season premiere, very excited to see where is goes.

smallville September 28th, 2006 11:03 PM

i liked it, but they really messed up Clarks relationships with his 3 potential GFs. i mean i love Jimmy but i hate that after 5 seasons clark is only showing interest in Chloe NOW. He had his chance, now Chloe gets to be happy. Lana....i dunno how she can go back to Lex after he put a hole in her hand i dunno i can see " bad relationship " written all over this imo....oy....and then the entire " your kinda touching my hand SV" thing Lois did...i get they are going to give her a love inteest in the form of GA but still it was lois and it wasn't very humouros if thats what they were going for...

imo

John Hays September 28th, 2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feltonbass (Post 773616)
OK, so I guess the old Smallville thread is kaput, might as well start one for season 6.

What did you all think of the Season Premiere?

Personally, I really dug it. Lana still drags the show down, however:

- Zod/Lex was great, just about perfect
- Phantom Zone was just how it should be
- I think I'm really going to like Ashmore's Jimmy, in the few moments he had, that was a fun Dynamic
- Finally something Jor-El did something that made sense: He created/discovered the Phantom Zone, why not make a back door only he or his family can use? Well Duh, that's a great idea
- Zod flies...awsome
- Zod and Clark fly and then fight.....Freakin Awsome
- "Kneel before Zod".....It had to happen
- Kryptonian Criminals AND Zod are all still out there, on Earth....legitamte threats for Clark
- Evil Lionel on his way back? Vessel for Zod?
- All that, and a CK from Jimmy.

And then there's the usual Smallville logic:

- Martha Kent's plane crashes.....at the Fortress of Solitude.
- Another episode, another excuse for Lana to get beat up.........just kill her already.
- You know Clohe, why are youstill trusting Lionel? Didn't try to kill you and your entire family like 2 years ago?
- Look Lana Lana, Clarks being Super again, you gotta see this......oh sorry, you've been conviently knocked out. Your loss I guess.

All in all a great season premiere, very excited to see where is goes.

Zod's not still out there. He was sucked inside the stone that Clark put in the fortress.

Other than that I agree with you. Oh, I'd add that it would have been nice to get SOME idea of where Clark's headed.

Greg Waite September 28th, 2006 11:30 PM

I enjoyed it. Sure there were some moments that rocked and others kind of sucked.

Good thing:

Jimmy. He was there for a few moments and I laughed at him. He'll make a great character for the season.

Bad thing:

Zod vs. Kal-El. I was so hoping for the big bad smackdown that they (Gough and Millar) promised us. It was okay but it was all Zod. Clark just took it and he was still ready for more.

Good thing:

I finally see how Martha is going to be Clark's emotional side. I know how Jonathan was Clark's strength but I never really understood how Martha factors in the Superman Universe. (I can't word it exactly but I think you can get the idea.)

Bad thing:

Lana is still alive and stupider than ever. Granted she has spent most of last season hanging at Lex's mansion and didn't Lex trust her enough to give her the combination to his safe where all the Kryptonite statues are? (Chloe found it once in Season 4.)

Couldn't Lana use one of them to try to stop Zod? Okay she knows what they do to humans but hasn't she thought of what it could happen to an alien?

See? It was a mixed episode for me. I was hoping for a little Green Arrow but I can wait a little longer.

John Hays September 28th, 2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Waite (Post 773690)
I enjoyed it. Sure there were some moments that rocked and others kind of sucked.

Good thing:

Jimmy. He was there for a few moments and I laughed at him. He'll make a great character for the season.

Bad thing:

Zod vs. Kal-El. I was so hoping for the big bad smackdown that they (Gough and Millar) promised us. It was okay but it was all Zod. Clark just took it and he was still ready for more.

Good thing:

I finally see how Martha is going to be Clark's emotional side. I know how Jonathan was Clark's strength but I never really understood how Martha factors in the Superman Universe. (I can't word it exactly but I think you can get the idea.)

Bad thing:

Lana is still alive and stupider than ever. Granted she has spent most of last season hanging at Lex's mansion and didn't Lex trust her enough to give her the combination to his safe where all the Kryptonite statues are? (Chloe found it once in Season 4.)

Couldn't Lana use one of them to try to stop Zod? Okay she knows what they do to humans but hasn't she thought of what it could happen to an alien?

See? It was a mixed episode for me. I was hoping for a little Green Arrow but I can wait a little longer.

Actually, I thought the final scene with Clark and Martha had really forced dialogue that didn't flow at all and didn't give us anything of substance.

I can't see how they could fit Ollie into the premiere with having so much other stuff to resolve. He'll probably show up in the next week or two.

Atom Palmer September 28th, 2006 11:37 PM

The Budget for this episode was a sandgrain compared to that of Superman Returns yet it was still twice as exciting and looked a helluva lot better than that trash singer did this summer. Nice to see Smallville back!!


John Glover is Luthor

Tom Welling is frickin Kal-el

And Terrence Stamp has to be a Kryptonian in real life! He plays both Zod and Jor-el so brilliantly.

John Hays September 28th, 2006 11:44 PM

I have to wonder if this was Terrence Stamp's final episode....at least for a good long while.

kipster September 28th, 2006 11:47 PM

Can somebody give me the rundown on Jor-el's change from being a bad guy to being a good guy? Seems like it happened over night!

John Hays September 28th, 2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipster (Post 773735)
Can somebody give me the rundown on Jor-el's change from being a bad guy to being a good guy? Seems like it happened over night!

His intentions have always been good, it's just that his methods haven't always been the most human.

booyah September 28th, 2006 11:49 PM

Great episode.
I don't have a bad thing to say really. Some small nit pics yes, but nothing bad,
The Kal-El vs Zod fight was cool, but I get a little tired of all the fights on Smallville being just shoving....Clark, just hit something already, you know how to fight, punch his @ss!!!!!!!
And as somone mentioned already, it's a little unerving that the main character on the show is starting the season with NO direction. All the other characters are lined out, but Clark is just lost. Here's hoping he realizes his path soon.
I am really lookig forward to the rest of the season. Should be great.

Tattoo_Six September 29th, 2006 12:07 AM

I thought the show was great, and I like how Clark was looking at Chloe but then she was all happy and that with Jimmy... was great...

God-Man September 29th, 2006 12:21 AM

Good episode, but it didn't come close to last years Season Opener.

The Good:

Clark in the Phantom Zone-I really liked the way they reimagined it. Also, it's always great when they fill in pieces of Kryptonian history. I loved seeing Namek again (woo hoo continuity!)and the "S".

Jimmy Olsen-Ashmore nailed the character. Looking foward to seeing him more.

The Death of the Fortress- Didn't see that coming. This will force Clark to rely on himself more than ever, and I like that.

Phantom Zone, um, phantoms escaping- We got ourselves some new big bads. :D

Lexzod vs. Clark- Best fight since Clark/Jonathan in Season 3. Too short though.

The Bad:

Lexzod-Rosenbaum was completely unconvincing as Zod. Weak performance.

Lex finding part of the Kryptonian key or whatever that Zod was using- I just know that will be a dead end. I so want Lex and Lana to know Clark's secret, but I know that it'll never happen so teasing everyone like that just irks me.

The Krystal Method September 29th, 2006 12:39 AM

Okay, my overall view:
It was kinda eh. Like, it was good but not spectacular for an opening.

Things I liked:
- Clark flying (sorta, thanks to Zod). During that scene where the closed up on him after defeating Zod, I was squealing, going, "OH MY GOD! HE'S GONNA FLY! OH MY GOD! HE'S GONNA FLY!!!" But alas, no flying. :( WHY WONT HE FLY ALREADY?
- Lana having the metal rod stuck through her hand (HEY ZOD! THATS NOT WHERE HER VITAL ORGANS ARE!).
- Chloe shooting down Clark. This is also on my list I didn't like. I wnat Chloe and Clark to be together! <3
- Clark finally seeing that his father was good this whole time.

What I didn't like:
- Lana is here for another season.
- Clark not flying.
- Chloe + Clark = not happening
- The psuedo sex scene between Lana and Lex. GROSS! If I liked Lana, I would have been like, "Awwww" but I don't so EW! EW~! EW!!!!
- The "us not know where Clark is going" part, which in a way makes me want to stay tuned in and see what's going to happen.

What I hope/expect to see:
Overall, I'm gonna stick for the ride simply because I really hope this is the season in which Clark "grows up". Not necessarily into Superman, but into the hero he was meant to be. Also, with the Justice League, I hope that the same guy that played Bart is brought back. He totally had Impulse down. I would also like if they brought in ZATANNA! I think she would be awesome in the show. I totally think she could help Clark against Mxy-whatever since he is still supposedly "out there". Plus, they need a babe to even out the Sausage fest in the "Justice League". Also, I do hope that Lana finds out this season and gets slapped in the face for being such a bitch to Clark once she finds out what a great person he is.

Lana: Hey, you were being secretive but there was a valid reason behind it. I'm such a bitch.

John Hays September 29th, 2006 12:57 AM

No flights, no tights. Series rule. ;)

Yeah, is it horrible that I sorta thrilled a little when Lana was stuck in the hand? At least SOMETHING finally got her pissed off!

RJ Squires September 29th, 2006 01:06 AM

They also said that CLARK wouldnt fly...They said nothing about KAL-EL in that rule ;)

John Hays September 29th, 2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ Squires (Post 773833)
They also said that CLARK wouldnt fly...They said nothing about KAL-EL in that rule ;)

Well yeah, that's already been shown several times. When he's bad Kal he flies. However, I don't expect Kal to be showing up a whole lot anymore since they went down that road already.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2000-2008 Comic Bloc All characters and titles are by their respective owners.