The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Green Lantern (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Kyle and Team Memberships (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30383)

Ion_flux July 8th, 2006 04:22 PM

Kyle and Team Memberships

Do you think Kyle will be on a team in the next 3 years?
(And I am not counting the GLC)

As it stands:
JLA is going to probably get Hal and if not - you have John who really needs a push
JSA has Alan but I think Kyle could do very well if handled correctly
Outsiders - Love to see Kyle and Nightwing together
Titans - Nope
Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters - I am guessing no
Checkmate?

Or do you think Kyle will remain on his own - The JLA was a huge deal for Kyle and so were the team ups - I am wondering what it will be like in the future.

McAster July 8th, 2006 06:13 PM

I would enjoy seeing him as part of the JLA again, but between DC going back to it's icon stage (which means Hal over Kyle unfortuantly) and the way they are making Kyle a Guardian or close enough to one, I doubt it.

I could see him as an Outsider, if they have him become afraid of how much power he has or he needs to find his human side again.
They could play him off well against Nightwing or Captain Boomarang.

JSA, no history there and he considers the JLA to be the top.
Freedom Fighters, not exactly a goverment guy there. Green Arrow I has a better chance becoming part of it.
Checkmate, they have Alan and it would be too dark for Kyle.

Personaly, the only team I could imagine him becoming part of anytime soon is the Omega Men.

Unless of course the Ravers (from Superboy and the Ravers) pop up again anytime soon. Even a GL who is near Guardian level can enjoy a good party everynow and then.

Staying on his own may do him good story wise, but that doesn't mean they can't play him off against other characters out there in space.

Ohoni July 8th, 2006 07:47 PM

I really wish Kyle was a member of the JLA again, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon because DC hates him.

Velocity9 July 8th, 2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohoni
I really wish Kyle was a member of the JLA again, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon because DC hates him.

Yup, that must be it.

Cloudstrife July 8th, 2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohoni

Then, he should be dead and dont´have his own book

Ohoni July 8th, 2006 10:23 PM

They don't want a repeat of Halgate, so they're trying to wear the fans down slowly.

Voltage July 8th, 2006 10:53 PM

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a new team for Kyle to run with. Possibly built out of lone space heroes originating from Rann-Thanagar War/ Donna's space team, we could have Ion, (capt.)Comet, Adam Strange, Prince Grayven, Lobo(maybe), Starfire(maybe), Firestorm, Donna Troy, theres tons more heroes. Although haveing another team around would be overkill that's still one badass team.

ConnorFan July 9th, 2006 12:08 AM

How about the monitored team?

Nightwing- Leader
Supergirl
Donna Troy
Kyle Rayner

maybe one or two more monitored people

Steel and or Connor Hawke

Torch Bearer July 9th, 2006 12:43 AM

What about a revamped Infinity Inc? Since Kyle has Jade's essence inside he would be an ideal candidate.

ata July 9th, 2006 05:47 AM

I think Kyle should stand amongst the JLA. He has proven himself and he's more of a reachable character (no hate or flame) than Hal Jordan. Hal's been thru the ringer and though he might have redeemed himself Kyle knows fear and saved the GLC !

animal_104 July 9th, 2006 06:35 AM

I could see him on the Outsiders...Didn't he spend some time on the "Titans", when it had Donna and Speedy?

Paul_King July 9th, 2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal_104
I could see him on the Outsiders...Didn't he spend some time on the "Titans", when it had Donna and Speedy?

Yes he did.

The Outsiders are supposed to be a proactive group. Kyle doesn't seem to be written as the kind of person who would be a part of that.

He seems to be a JLA: catch them when they fall kind of hero.

JSA doesn't feel right because Kyle carried the mantle of GL cause he felt he had to be the torch bearer. The JSA are heroes inspired by GA heroes or the GA heroes themselves.

Infinity Inc, > no because he's not related to any E-2 heroes.

JLA seems to be the best fit outside of the GLC.

-Paul

The Kid Lantern July 9th, 2006 04:22 PM

I think he fit best in the JLA but I wouldn't mind seeing him teamed with a couple other heroes around his age like Nightwing and Donna. I think it would be within Batman's mind to keep an eye on Kyle and his insane power levels by placing him on a team with Dick. Kyle has always been an outsider character-wise for me. He never felt as if he fit in anywhere, and placing him under the wing of somebody like Nightwing could help him grow and come to terms with becoming his own man outside of another's shadow. He and Grayson have a lot of similarities, and if Roy ever comes back to the team then Outsiders would be a perfect fit in my opinion. Plus they don't really have a character on par with Kyle, and it's always nice to have somebody around that can make miracles happen with a thought. And they were based in Brooklyn, that's like what a subway ride away from his old apartment in the city?

~KL~

impulse1999 July 10th, 2006 02:01 AM

Outsiders or Omega Men. :)

impulse1999 July 10th, 2006 02:01 AM

Kyle and Kory sitting in a tree.......

Wally West888 July 10th, 2006 03:22 AM

Outsiders (would really help the book out) or JLA (with Hal)