The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leonard Kirk (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The official leonard kirk projects thread (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130)

jafabian January 9th, 2004 03:13 PM

Anyone? Hear any news? Gossip? Post 'em here!

Whealer January 9th, 2004 04:18 PM

Leonard, how about locking this one at the top? I want to look for your future work and this could help...for instance, for some reason, it had escaped my attention that you are doing some issues of HERO. Hopefully my comic shop will be able to hold me a copy of your issues, but I haven't noticed more than a minimum stock of that comic on his shelves. Actually, I wish the other creators boards would do the same.

jafabian January 16th, 2004 11:56 AM

Hey Leonard. I asked Rags this question and I thought it'd be a cool one for ya. What artists inspire you? Is it a legend like Eisner, Kirby or Swan? A seasoned veteran like Perez or Bolland? Someone not in comics anymore like Steranko or Adams? Wondering what your take is....

Paulus February 9th, 2004 02:10 PM

Bloodhound by Dan Jolley and Leonard has just been announced. Read this month's DC in demand for more info.

Paul

Leonard Kirk February 9th, 2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Paulus @ Feb. 09 2004,2:10 pm)]Bloodhound by Dan Jolley and Leonard has just been announced.

IT HAS??

Cool! Then I guess it's okay to say a little something about it, now. Yes, BLOODHOUND is the new ongoing series I mentioned earlier. I've started working on the first issue and should have it finished before MegaCon. The good news is that I have a good head start with the book and should have at least six issues finished before #1 hits the stands. The bad news is that I stated the wrong release date. I suggested before that the book would be coming out around May but it actually isn't being released until July.

So, after H.E.R.O. #14 comes out, (#13 comes out this week, I think) it will be a few months before you see my name on a comics cover again.

Oh well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

....ugh!

I cannot believe I said that corny piece of sentimental tripe.

I fear Nipplegate has permanently damaged my fragile little mind.

LJK

Paulus February 10th, 2004 12:59 AM

So who's not been reading his free batch of DC comics?http://www.geoffjohns.com/forum/emoticons/rock.gif? Tut, tut!

P

starman74 February 13th, 2004 01:47 AM

Hey Leonard,

What is Bloodhound about? Any info?

Loved the last issue of Hero. You've done a great job on this book. From Supergirl to JSA to Hero you have shown growth in each issue. Its a shame you won't be sticking around.

Paulus February 14th, 2004 07:25 AM

Sorry Leonard. I didn't realist the DC in Demand on DC's site is ahead of the version in the comics! So here's a link for any who's not seen it. DC in Demand

Paul

Whealer February 17th, 2004 07:11 PM

I meant to post this earlier, but whenever Bloodhound is unleashed (pun intended) I am going to be there. By the way, I am so enjoying the H.E.R.O. story arc; that dude has definite issues.(Talk about a man trapped in a womans body... he may have to go on Oprah.) http://www.geoffjohns.com/forum/emoticons/biggrin.gif

surlyy March 9th, 2004 11:06 PM

From Elayne and Robin Riggs Website (actually, Elayne's blog)

http://elayneriggs.blogspot.com/

have received the editor's permission to post the news. Robin is part of the creative team launching a new book set in the DC universe called Bloodhound. Dan Jolley is writing, Leonard Kirk is pencilling, and Robin's the inker. The hype paragraph describes it, the way hype paragraphs will, as "a creator-owned monthly that's got the tongues of DC execs eagerly wagging. The series focuses on Travis 'Bloodhound' Clevenger, a brutal ex-cop born and bred for tracking down metahuman criminals. But this 'Hound doesn't settle for taking bites out of crime; he takes chunks! Sit up and heed our words: fetch this book!" I'm very excited that Robin gets in on the ground floor of a brand-new title and character [i]

Very cool news and I love Riggs Inks......

Good luck Leonard!!!

Bigdogg228 March 19th, 2004 02:22 PM

Hey Len,
I was flipping through an issue of Batman #410 from 1987 and there was a letter from a Leonard Kirk. Was that you? I only ask because the writer stated he aspired to be a comic book artist.

By the way I'm really looking forward my Golden age/modern Mr. Terrific Sketch I commissioned from you.

Leonard Kirk March 21st, 2004 07:35 PM

YUP!! That was me! *http://www.geoffjohns.com/forum/emoticons/biggrin.gif

For those of you who missed it, I had written a letter regarding Batman: Year One by Miller and Mazuchelli. I commented on the scene in the story about people being "vaccinated against rabies" (Batman had used a group of bats to cover his escape). There was a panel showing Holly and Selina getting shots in the butt and a line that read "Never had so many had so much trouble sitting down."

In the letter, I pointed out that, at the time, rabies was treated with a series of injections (usually quite painful) into the abdomen.

I have no idea if my letter had any real effect but in the Year One reprint, the word "rabies" was dropped and the people were now being "vaccinated for their bat bites".

It was the beginning of my steady decline into Anal Retentive Continuity Observation Neurosis, otherwise known as ARCON.

LJK

****A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*****

ARCON, or Anal Retentive Continuity Observation Neurosis, is a debilitating condition that strikes thousands of people worldwide everyday.

In America alone, there are over 15 million ARCON sufferers. Many are Star Trek fans, often seen at conventions arguing over Gene Roddenberry's true intent of Janet Hester's comments to Captain Kirk regarding women not being allowed to become captains in Starfleet in the final original series episode Turnabout Intruder.

Once thought to be an exclusively Star Trek related illness, ARCON has spread to fandoms in various genres from Stargate: SG1 to Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Xena: Warrior Princess. It has also moved beyond the realm of television to include film, comic book and even video game fandoms.

Many have tried to help end the suffering. Perhaps the most notable was William Shatner. Many recall his attempt to reach out to ARCON sufferers on Saturday Night Live with his "GET A LIFE!" speech. Sadly, few listened. Not really surprising when you consider how crappy the show was getting by then.

There is no known cure for ARCON but doctors around the globe are ever hopeful.

If you happen to know of anyone suffering from ARCON then please, for the love of God, RUN AWAY!!! GAME OVER, MAN!! GAME OVER!! ARCON IS EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS!! DON'T EVEN LOOK AT THEM!!! SHUN THEM *FOR THEY ARE THE HARBINGERS OF DEATH!!!!

By the way, if you recognize ANY of the science fiction references slipped into the above paragraph, then you too suffer from ARCON.

You have my sympathies.

March 15, 2004

Dr. W.H. Ataload

Supervisor, *International Institute For The Study Of Anal Retentive Continuity Observation Neurosis And Other Related Fandom Neuroses

Kalamazoo, Michigan

Leonard Kirk March 21st, 2004 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bigdogg228 @ Mar. 19 2004,2:22 pm)]By the way I'm really looking forward my Golden age/modern Mr. Terrific Sketch I commissioned from you.

Sorry about the delay with your commission. I'm working on getting caught up with those over the next couple of weeks.

LJK

Polish Bear April 2nd, 2004 05:56 PM

Hey y'all, check this out, speaking of/to Leonard

Guyendore April 24th, 2004 02:36 PM

LOL! ARCON has got to be the biggest fandom plague in comics and other media. I think the only way to safeguard yourself from contracting it is to relax and keep your sense of humour. Now if you'll excuse me I will go ponder the merits of the Vision being the original Human Torch...

Jorge Martinez April 26th, 2004 05:02 AM

I need to borrow that ARCON note for my Legion of Super-Heroes board....many there need to read it badly.

And great work on Secret Files Leonard. Actually one of my favorite Legion issues in years! Had the same fun/spirit of the old days.

Jorge