The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aquaman (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Geoff returns to Aquaman?? (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97574)

BrianT November 11th, 2015 11:24 PM

Geoff returns to Aquaman??

Last week Geoff Johns tweeted that he, Ivan Reis and Joe Prado are "back" and working on "Rise of the 7 Seas." Though it's unclear if they're taking over for the departing Cullen Bunn on AQUAMAN or if this is an upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE arc (or both!).

starks November 13th, 2015 10:46 AM

Yeah, Newsarama had this story. Anything is better than what's going on now.

BrianT January 27th, 2016 11:04 PM

I wonder what impact Rebirth has on "Rise of the Seven Seas," if any.

[email protected] February 8th, 2016 02:35 PM

I'm curious what impact Rebirth will have on WHICH book Geoff is writing. He seems to be limited in the number of books he can write, and has primarily written only JL since the nu52 (with the exception of launching Aquaman).

I've long suspected we haven't seen a Shazam ongoing because Geoff wants to write it.

Wondering if Rebirth and the end of Darkseid War will be his jumping off point for the Justic League...but if so, what's his next title? Aquaman? Justice Society relaunch? Shazam?

BrianT February 9th, 2016 08:22 PM

I'm willing to guess that Johns won't be so limited during and immediately post Rebirth. He's DC's most consistent high selling writer and they have significant ground to make up.

[email protected] March 15th, 2016 07:58 PM

We know he's ending his run on Justice League, but I doubt he's going back to Aquaman. I'm betting he's going to take on the revamped Justice Society title. (NOT the Earth 2 book).

It would tie in to the core of the revamped mythology, and would be a flagship book. (Plus he's obviously fond of the JSA characters).

This still leaves Aquaman in need of a strong writer though.

BrianT March 15th, 2016 10:34 PM

There is no announced JUSTICE SOCIETY book yet, so that would mean no Johns written book through the Fall. I tend to doubt that. I still feel like this "Rise of Seven Seas" story is gonna happen. They had a pretty good head start if they've been working on it since November at the latest. That lead time would also help with the twice monthly schedule for AQUAMAN.

Another option I can see is the TRINITY book.

starks March 16th, 2016 12:11 PM

Or he won't be writing anything.

[email protected] March 16th, 2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianT (Post 1906094)
There is no announced JUSTICE SOCIETY book yet, so that would mean no Johns written book through the Fall. I tend to doubt that. I still feel like this "Rise of Seven Seas" story is gonna happen. They had a pretty good head start if they've been working on it since November at the latest. That lead time would also help with the twice monthly schedule for AQUAMAN.

Another option I can see is the TRINITY book.

Considering that everything written about Reborth to date mentioned the JSA returning from the 40's...but no JSA title has been announced yet ...here is my speculation. I think the "shrouded in secrecy" Rebirth one-shot at the end of May will be all about the JSA returning (and the story of why they were forgotten). A month or two later will see the launch of the JSA book itself, with some appearances in other books in the meantime.

I agree I think the Seven Seas story by Geoff will happen, probably after the launch of Rebirth. Maybe he will get that published first, or write it in advance to get it all going.

BrianT March 16th, 2016 11:21 PM

An initial arc on AQUAMAN would make good cover for a later reveal of a JSA book. If Geoff isn't announced on something on Mar 26, it'll cause an uproar. DC's gonna want to avoid that.

Frankly, I feel like AQUAMAN is more of a priority, given DC's multimedia plans, so if Geoff's gonna be doing JSA, I think it may be in addition to another title, like AQUAMAN or TRINITY.

BrianT March 30th, 2016 09:09 PM

The Rebirth announcement confirmed that "Rise of the Seven Seas" is still happening and that Johns and Abnett are working on it.