The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Back Issues: Geoff Johns (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Geoff's out of print Flash trades (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62676)

scrubz August 21st, 2008 10:42 PM

Geoff's out of print Flash trades

Anyone know if or when Geoff's Flash trades: Rogues, Crossfire, and Blitz will see re-release? DC has already reprinted Blood Will Run and released John's first Flash story Wonderland. After reading those I really want to read the rest of the Johns/Kolins Flash era.

Eric Q August 21st, 2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrubz (Post 1294237)
Anyone know if or when Geoff's Flash trades: Rogues, Crossfire, and Blitz will see re-release? DC has already reprinted Blood Will Run and released John's first Flash story Wonderland. After reading those I really want to read the rest of the Johns/Kolins Flash era.

It'll probably happen because of Geoff writing Flash: Rebirth.

And welcome to the Bloc.

Mill4rd August 22nd, 2008 07:34 AM

i hope they do reprint these but i rather they get Geoff's GL tbps (Not hardcovers) out on time, it was 3 years before the tbp for first arc came out, wasn't it?

Pivitor August 22nd, 2008 10:11 PM

You can always try Amazon, that's what I did. I really didn't want to wait to read them.

Mill4rd August 23rd, 2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivitor (Post 1294895)
You can always try Amazon, that's what I did. I really didn't want to wait to read them.

Don't have a credit card...

Danny B August 23rd, 2008 08:05 AM

Crossfire is about $70 at Amazon. However, All the others are listed, and at affordable prices.

married guy August 23rd, 2008 07:44 PM

Go back and buy the back issues. Probably cheaper than buying all the trades.

(more fun too)

Pivitor August 24th, 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 1295069)
Crossfire is about $70 at Amazon. However, All the others are listed, and at affordable prices.

Yeah, I had to get a somewhat used Crossfire, but I got a brand new Blitz for a great price. I picked up the Blood Will Run reprint and managed to find the rest before they went out of print.

Kelson August 26th, 2008 04:57 PM

Not sure about those three, but last week DC announced that Rogue War is getting a second printing.

Maybe they're working inward from the edges?

Mill4rd August 26th, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelson (Post 1297292)
Not sure about those three, but last week DC announced that Rogue War is getting a second printing.

Maybe they're working inward from the edges?

Link?
Edit: Nevermind, Found the link to the DC direct channel post.

Danny B August 26th, 2008 09:49 PM

I just picked up ROGUES in beautiful condition from the used books section at Barnes & Noble. Paid a measly $9 for it. I'm pretty happy.

Fightgar August 26th, 2008 10:07 PM

i actually just picked up the Rogues trade this weekend....

TheRay August 27th, 2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mill4rd (Post 1294995)
Don't have a credit card...

Debit card! Woot! :)

voicesoffcamera August 13th, 2010 01:47 AM

It's been a few years since this thread was started and I have the same question - is there any word on when/if these trades will be reprinted? Blitz and Crossfire are the two I'm still looking for for a reasonable price. I'm surprised DC didn't get new printings out to coincide with John's new Flash book.

Bagged & Boarded August 13th, 2010 03:14 PM

It amazes me that BLITZ isn't constantly in print.

Kyer August 14th, 2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagged & Boarded (Post 1632286)
It amazes me that BLITZ isn't constantly in print.

I paid a year's savings for Crossfire..was lucky enough to find someone selling Blitz at almost half the price everyone else was selling it for.

Those are two of the best trades with Wally. Why don't they get reprinted?

Probably for the same reason that my local discount department store has a large selection of Marvel toys, but only a handful of JLU and Batman toys....DC is lousy at mass marketing.

Years ago I was a Digimon fan who didn't care for Pokemon. Imagine my disappointment that the only Digimon toys out were the main characters and stuff like boring pencil sets and lunch boxes. Meanwhile, Pokemon had all kinds of action figures in a variety of sizes plus plushies and....geez...loads of stuff. They were smart and are still selling stuff and making shows. Digimon might as well be dead for all that it had a better storyline.

DC might want to wise up. Maybe they will once they start making good movies beyond the Batman ones.