The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   DC Comics (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   JSA Game 4: Reach For The Stars (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5606)

The Kid Lantern June 9th, 2005 12:51 AM

JSA Game 4: Reach For The Stars

It's hear, the next JSA game in a long line. It wasn't the first, it probably won't be its last, but I hope everyone who has signed on is ready for a roller coaster. While the actual Chapter will be out on Saturday, here are some of the rules and regulations to keep in mind while playing the game.....

Format And Guidelines
Game Flow
------------------
Chapters will begin once weekly. These are larger parts of the whole story told from a 3rd person narrative view and should act as the guide-lines for your posts afterwards. Elaborate on what I give you. The Chapters will basically be a quick summary of what's about to happen. It's up to you to make it happen, but stick to the story. Myself and Starmondo will act as Game Masters [or GM's] to keep the story rolling forward. Since he's Mr. Terrific In-Game, Starmondo will act as chairman and navigator and act as a link between seperated groups.

In Character Chatter will be something else we're gonna try working into the game. Not every hero will be in the field, as I've said earlier, and entire plot lines revolve around a select few characters. This is where the ICC comes into play. Any heroes not in the field should be encouraged to ICC and ping-pong post back and forth to have conversations about your characters histories or past adventures. It's the same as regular dialogue it just takes place between multiple players themselves. You can do this while hanging around at the Brownstone, or while on your way to the next battle. "ICC" should be the heading of any conversation you have in the works like with "Post" and "Chatter", be sure it is clear who you're addressing be it single character or group.

Label each post accordingly as either "Post," "Chatter" [this is out of character to plan or whatever], or "ICC." This makes it easier for GM's to sort through your posts and plans and come up with a way to start the next Chapter to include everybody.

Guide Lines/Suggestions
-----------------

1.) Posts should roughly be 3 paragraphs long not including dialogue. Players are encouraged to use the ICC whenever possible. If you're in a creative slump and can't think of any action ICC away! There are two larger stories within this game, you'll all have your time to shine. Challenge yourself! Donít just deal with what I give you, add on, make it difficult for your hero and the team.
2.) Don't stray from the over-all story. If you'd like to throw in a plot line or villian PM me and we'll discuss the ideas. There will be multiple villians however, with plenty of canon characters to be beaten on as well as super villians to continue developing with current continuity.
3.) Any complaints or concerns regarding the way the game is played, or other players should be sent directly to me, not posted on the thread. Questions on what to do, or what direction to go can be posted on the thread, or sent to me directly. Also, please let me know if you have problems posting or if you will be absent for any longer than a week.
4.) Communicate! Get to know your peers and fellow fans of the DCU. Plan actions together through PM's or general Chatter, as well as the ICC. This game will give you the opportunity to develope your character's personality as well as your reputation on the boards.

-------------------

.... and now the stage is set. While we're still waiting on word from shazam 69, we're still looking at a Saturday start. This thread is up for chatter as well as discussing everybody's heroes. The roster will be reposted soon so we can leave the Recruitment Thread to grow old in the depths of these forums.

~KL~

shazam69 June 12th, 2005 08:17 PM

Captain Marvel is ready to roll.

Mike

King_Hal_Jordan June 12th, 2005 10:59 PM

Ye olde Knight and JSA reserve be ready to do whatever ye olde Knight can for thou, JSA.

The Kid Lantern June 13th, 2005 02:36 AM

----CHATTER----

It's great to have Captain Marvel back in the fold, as well as another new cast member in the classic Shining Knight! I'll post the first chapter Monday the 13th to get things rolling but a couple reminders....

Use the tags at the top of posts so us GM's can keep everything in order. One person forgets to use a tag, that turns to two, then four, well you get the idea? I really hoped to see more talking amongst players pre-game time but I guess I'll live. Also, the recruitment drive is closed for the time being. With a large cast its hard finding places for everyone's characters. I posted in the other thread that King Hal could jump in with SK [I have a love for Golden-Age All-Stars] and another poster named Brian could join also if he could choose another character. We'll get this thing rolling asap tommorow [today?]. Thanks again for all those who signed on for this, I can't wait!

~KL~

Hudson Hawkman June 13th, 2005 11:30 AM

Chatter

So Kid, just for clarity's sake should we repost the secret files/origins for the re-imagined characters of the Bulleteer and Red Torpedo?

Also, I can't wait to get that first chapter on the go! From what you've let me glance over, it all sounds awesome. I had an idea though about adding in another villian if possible, want me to send a PM or just post it here? I know you were still looking for ideas on the second arc, so lemme know man!

HH

Brian LaBelle June 13th, 2005 11:32 AM

Hey Lantern!

Who's still available? I didn't see anybody listed as the Flash so if there are other players out of the game this round I don't really have any way of knowing who has picked who?

Thanks a LOT! :D

The Kid Lantern June 13th, 2005 12:07 PM

----CHATTER----

Brian, right now if you'd really like to get in on this game I'm looking for more Freedom Fighters. And if there's no modern version of your chosen hero we could update them like we have Kid Frog and Hudson's choices. Anyway, the first chapter will be up soon after I mow my yard....

Send me a PM Hudson, we'll chat about it!

~KL~

Atom-Smasher June 13th, 2005 12:13 PM

---CHATTER---

Hope I'm doing this right, as this is the first one of these that I've ever done.

King_Hal_Jordan June 13th, 2005 01:00 PM

---ICC---

I, The Shining Knight, would be honored to serve under thou's regime, so long as thou explainth to me where a blacksmith may be to sharpen my sword. I've asked others but the people of thou's time are not very polite. One man in particular was quite rude, I can tell ye. I asked him if he knew where the local smithy was so he asks me "What are ye, from the 14th century?" to which I replied "Yes." to which he replied "You be kidding, yay? There be no blacksmith in this here town, ass hole." I be not sure what he meant by calling me a hole that a donkey lives in but I'm quite sure it was meant to be rude.

The Kid Lantern June 13th, 2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Hal_Jordan
---ICC---

I, The Shining Knight, would be honored to serve under thou's regime, so long as thou explainth to me where a blacksmith may be to sharpen my sword. I've asked others but the people of thou's time are not very polite. One man in particular was quite rude, I can tell ye. I asked him if he knew where the local smithy was so he asks me "What are ye, from the 14th century?" to which I replied "Yes." to which he replied "You be kidding, yay? There be no blacksmith in this here town, ass hole." I be not sure what he meant by calling me a hole that a donkey lives in but I'm quite sure it was meant to be rude.

----CHATTER----

LOL! That's good stuff King, but the game hasn't started just yet for the ICC to get into motion. I like the nod to midevil times though with the accent. While I'm still working on the finishing touches to start the first chapter, I hope to have it out and ready to begin posting from later this afternoone....

And yes AM, that's the way the tags work! It's great to see folks getting used to them. Later in the game these things are as important as any other header.

Brain, I got your PM about asking for Damage. However when I tried to reply I got a note saying you have stored too many PM's and that you couldn't get anymore until you made space! Get that taken care of and I'll get that message to you. There were some things I wanted to run by you. Rules for the game BTW are in the first post above starting the thread.

I'm so pumped to get this thing off the ground!

~KL~

Brian LaBelle June 13th, 2005 01:28 PM

OK, that's fixed! Mail away! :D

King_Hal_Jordan June 13th, 2005 02:29 PM

---Chatter---

That's one of the reasons I like Shining Knight is his ignorance of 21st century culture, his outdated accent and word usage, and the medieval feel of his character.

Atom-Smasher June 13th, 2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Hal_Jordan
---Chatter---

That's one of the reasons I like Shining Knight is his ignorance of 21st century culture, his outdated accent and word usage, and the medieval feel of his character.

---Chatter---

And the fact that he was married to a hot redhead. Who happens to be the sorta grandmother of Atom Smasher.

King_Hal_Jordan June 13th, 2005 02:37 PM

---Chatter---

I never much cared for redheads but Danette was drawn hot.

The Kid Lantern June 14th, 2005 12:16 AM

----CHATTER----

Alright folks, the Chapter's finished, but first a few things in a seperate post that need to be posted. The Secret Files/Origins for the re-imagined characters as well as the updated roster....

"The Untold Story of the Red Torpedo"

After Pearl Harbor, Navy Captain Jim Lockhart stayed away from the tights and capes crowd until being tapped to aid in the construction of the Flying Star for the Starman of 1951. Robotman assisted Lockhart in using some of the cosmic energy technology created by Ted Knight. Later in his life, a division of the US Navy enlisted Jim's help in their Centurion Project. The Project knew that Lockhart was an aging super hero and needed more time to complete the technology they required. After the death of his long time girlfriend Peg, the Project would give Jim a serum to slow his aging process and redefine his body into prime condition. After finishing the transporter/A.I. tech [he named "Peg"] in this millenium to send the armor/weapons to the "centurions" in the tech suits, he was ordered by President Luthor to be dealt with. After narrowly avoiding his death, Jim managed to keep the A.I. safe as well as the technology/weapons of the centurions. Rebuilding a tech suit, Jim set out to re-unite with the only friend he could trust from his Freedom Fighter days: Rex Tyler. Having found Rex alive again after so many years, Jim was encouraged to join the newset incarnation of the Freedom Fighters. Alongside the likes of the Ray, Human Bomb, Black Condor, Damage, Iron Munro, the new Dollman, and Phantom Lady, the Red Torpedo has stayed one step ahead of the shady government agency looking to reaquire the tech for the possibility of World War 3.

Red Torpedo Original/Re-Imagined
Land/Sea/Air Modes

"The Untold Story of Bulletboy"

In the later part of his crime fighting career, Jim Barr needed as much help as he could get protecting Fawcett City while standing for truth, justice, and the American way. The Nth metal he aquired to create helmets capable of defying gravity and the ability to control bullets as well as the inhanced Miraclo supliments he'd worked on were used by others. His wife became Bulletgirl for a short time, while after accidentally eating some of the suppliments Jim's dog Slug became the Bulletdog. Years passed and later on after the supposed "death" of his wife, Jim Barr broke down. In one of his most emotional times, Bulletman was almost killed in battle with one of his enemies if not for the bravery of a 12 year old child. That child would later be given the modified helmet of Susan Kent Barr, the deceased wife of Jim. Choosing not to give the drug that grants him his enhanced strength and mental abilty to a minor, the kid by the name of Tobias "Toby" Ashwood only aided the hero for a dozen or so adventures before the retirement of his mentor. Life would go on for Tobias, keeping in touch with Jim Barr as he graduated through school. Present day, Tobias attends West Fawcett Comminuty College as he also attends police academy. He's a bit of a scientist, working on a formula using Miraclo supliments to reinvent his mentors increased abilities. He keeps the helmet Bulletman gave him in a locked chest in the closet of his dorm room. One early November the JSA come through Fawcett battling Count Vertigo and Solomon Grundy. Ashwood sees the heroes struggle through a classroom window and decides its time to put up or shut up. Rushing from his class, Tobias makes it to his dorm barely avoiding the battle between the JSA and the villians. After drinking the serum he'd been working on for months, Tobias unlocked the chest and put on the chrome helmet again for the greater good. Using a modified Halloween costume, a hero is reborn as Tobias keeps the Bulletman legacy alive. Enter the Bulleteer....

Classic Bulletman and Bulletboy
New Bulleteer

To be continued on next post....

~KL~

The Kid Lantern June 14th, 2005 12:22 AM

----CHATTER----

Continued....

"The Untold Story Of The New Dollman!"

Darrel Dane was known as the incredible Dollman back in the old days of the Freedom Fighters. Early in this new millenium Cadmus was asked to create a team of "stealth agents" to gain intel on competing corporations. What was meant to be a group, there was only one prodigal clone of the hero from yesteryear. Going simply by "D" the young meta became a hero in his own right taking up the legacy of his predecessor as the new Dollman. Soon after the hero learned of the reforming of his "father's" old team, Dollman quickly sought out other young heroes like the Ray and Damage taking up the ranks of the government sponsored team. After being inducted into the ranks, Dollman began his career anew...."

New Dollman Design by Hudson

And finally the updated roster....

starmondo as Mr. Terrific
Kid Lantern me as Hourman [Rick]
a baboon in a speedo playing Jakeem Thunder
majflash as the fastest old man alive!
captrose will resume the role of Iron Munroe [the older version as seen lately in various JSA issues] slightly powered up over the years
hudson hawkman re-introducing the original Bulletboy as Bulleteer [Morrison inspired]
shazam 69 using the word as Captain Marvel
novus taking to the skies as Hawkman
shazam 567 playing the original Green Lantern Alan Scott
Zatara2000using the cosmic rod as Stargirl
Atom Smasher busting heads as Atom Smasher
Power Guy using the strength of Power Girl
Kid Frog taking aim with the Red Torpedo
Danjester staying alive with Wildcat
Formerly Speedy using the powers of Sand
JSAgent as the other winged warrior Hawkgirl
Brendon Carlson as Hector Hall aka Doctor Fate
King Hal Jordan using the slang and sword of Shining Knight
Brain LaBelle as the re-imagined Dollman!

And with that the begining of the game continued in the next post....

~KL~