The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Green Arrow tv show (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88737)

Jake1823 November 2nd, 2012 12:06 PM

The sentimental moments in this show can be really grating, but, for now, I can tolerate them. I'm wondering if they're rushing into the secret identity storyline too fast, so I'm intrigued to see what happens next.

BTW, I kinda wish they had GA wear a domino mask. I dunno if it adds anything, but I like the aesthetic.

jafabian November 2nd, 2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1796486)
BTW, I kinda wish they had GA wear a domino mask. I dunno if it adds anything, but I like the aesthetic.

I agree. Even though they never had Clark wear the super-suit they still had him wear red and blue a lot. Same principle to me.

jafabian November 2nd, 2012 01:04 PM

From CBR: First Photo of "Arrow's" Huntress Released

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...4851.jpg&w=300

chrisbenes November 2nd, 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1796501)

Now this is great!!!

DaVeO November 3rd, 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1796564)
Now this is great!!!

Her two-parter is going to be written by Geoff. :)

Sp33df0rc3 November 3rd, 2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Saunders (Post 1796337)
OK, I am really enjoying this show, but does anyone else get the feeling that this is: We really want to do batman, but don't have the rights, so we will just call it arrow. Other then the island and arrows, there are more similarities to batman then green arrow.

The major difference here though is family life, the fact that there is much more emotionally at play than would be in a batman series. In a weird way, a number of the changes they made have done a good job of distancing it from outright being a Batman series, although all the Bludhaven references and the fact that Huntress is appearing definitely do not help :p

Robert Saunders November 4th, 2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Aitken (Post 1796811)
The major difference here though is family life, the fact that there is much more emotionally at play than would be in a batman series. In a weird way, a number of the changes they made have done a good job of distancing it from outright being a Batman series, although all the Bludhaven references and the fact that Huntress is appearing definitely do not help :p

Yes but Ollie had non of that in the comic...so let's compare using the modern (52) Bruce and a little soap value. A butler, secretly hiding the fact that mom had a 2nd child before dying. A chief of police, secretly knows who you are but protects you from the force and mayor. 3 "sons" one is an assassin trying to live up to you, with a secret violent streak. One rejects you and sectretly hates you for not being there when he needed you, and one who knows you are doing right but tries to be nothing like you as a result of his hard training and emotional coldness you gave him. Vicki Vale the reporter and sometimes girlfriend, who's onlt mission in life is to expose the batman. Barbra gordon, crippled by a maniac, but unknown to her father helps you out with tech. And there you have the basis of a family, much like Ollie's contrived TV family. And yet with all the family around Ollie he is still secretive, cold and distant to his family and acts the playboy around his friends and city.... still feels like batman to me.

...and then there is all the batman villians showing up;)

Simon DelMonte November 5th, 2012 04:28 AM

What an odd show. It's not really a superhero story, is it? It's violent and brutal, and even though Oliver is capable and his enemies are foul, he's not much of a hero. Though getting an innocent man off death row is a lot better than his game of revenge in his father's name.

It's not a bad show. Some of the acting is quite good. The action is very well played. But I can't imagine any of this ever coming together into greatness. And it's so far removed from the GA we know and love that I don't even know why they needed to label this based on the comic. It's about as close to what we know as Elementary is to the Conan Doyle books.

jafabian November 7th, 2012 12:40 AM

Count Vertigo to Appear in Arrow

Sort of...

chrisbenes November 7th, 2012 08:28 AM

was Arrow not new last night?

jafabian November 7th, 2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1797872)
was Arrow not new last night?

I believe the elections pre-empted it.

chrisbenes November 7th, 2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1797948)
I believe the elections pre-empted it.

that's what I thought. I DVR'd it but last weeks is what recorded. Thought I was going crazy.....(ok no comments)

jafabian November 7th, 2012 01:01 PM

Royal Flush Gang, Huntress Featured in New Arrow Promo

Green Guardsman November 7th, 2012 11:34 PM

Darn it! I forgot to program the VCR! Does Hulu offer this show?

ronaldj November 8th, 2012 06:42 AM

getting better all the time...

chrisbenes November 8th, 2012 09:22 AM

another solid episode....Plus Deathstroke... GRAVY!!!