The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Green Arrow tv show (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88737)

chrisbenes October 18th, 2012 11:29 AM

Have to say...2 episodes in and I am really enjoying this show. Really like the flashbacks to the island.

RoseWilson October 18th, 2012 04:28 PM

Watched it last night with two friends. Guys who def aren't in the CW demographic and I think had some reservations. Niether regular comic readers though fans of most of the recent Marvel movies and the Nolan Bat films. Both liked it quite a bit. Actually found out my parents watched and enjoyed the pilot though they forgot to watch last night. I think the action to soap percentage has stayed on the right side of the equation thus far. Also kind of sad to think that on a CW budget this has so far been better than the Green Lantern movie :D

chrisbenes October 18th, 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseWilson (Post 1793386)
Also kind of sad to think that on a CW budget this has so far been better than the Green Lantern movie :D

A-FREEKIN-MEN

Greg Waite October 18th, 2012 05:19 PM

It's moving along perfectly. I don't want all the answers to what happened on the island.

Only issue I have is Ollie and Thea's relationship. I'm not caring for how Ollie is trying to stop her drug usage. She made her choice on how to cope with everything that happened. (Her father and brother died, her mom married a new guy, etc)

ronaldj October 18th, 2012 11:17 PM

i watched the second show and i think i'm stuck .....

RoseWilson October 18th, 2012 11:34 PM

Actually found out my parents have been watching and enjoying it. When it comes to Superhero movies I bring them over and they do usually end up liking them but it's not a genre they'd go out to see for themselves. Was a little surprised that they checked it out without me really pushing them hard but hope other not as comic oriented people might be as well.

Wayne Voto October 19th, 2012 08:01 PM

I rather did enjoy both episodes so far. I only had three small problems after the pilot that didn't really seem to pop up in the second.

1) Starling City - I don't think that I can get use to this one.

2) The Queen's live in the Luthor mansion.

3) In the pilot, Ollie said "My City" a little too much. He sounded more like Batman talking about Gotham City.

But that was all that bugged me and those are small little things that I can ingnore. I am going to enjoy this show.

jafabian October 20th, 2012 03:15 AM

Deathstroke Meets Oliver Queen in New Arrow Photos

TripleX October 22nd, 2012 06:44 AM

I just watched the pilot on the CW site. That ish was good as hell! I felt like I was watching a movie. It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to watch a forty minute program because I kept rewinding to absorb the nuances. Especially dug the blonde chicks in fishnets dancing at his welcome home party. It was a nice little nod to Black Canary whom I didn't realize would be a co-star. I'm all in.

*goes to find episode 2*

jafabian October 22nd, 2012 03:04 PM

CW Orders A Full Season Of "Arrow"

jafabian October 22nd, 2012 04:49 PM

See Deadshot in Action in New Arrow Preview

chrisbenes October 23rd, 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1793693)

glad to hear!

chrisbenes October 25th, 2012 08:25 AM

another solid episode...this is becoming one of my favorite shows on TV.

Jake1823 October 25th, 2012 10:15 AM

Kinda disappointed in how they used Deadshot. He went out rather easily.

chrisbenes October 25th, 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1794376)
Kinda disappointed in how they used Deadshot. He went out rather easily.

he'll be back...overall I didn't mind the setup to his character though I do hope they go more in depth if the show lasts.

RoseWilson October 25th, 2012 01:58 PM

I'm still enjoying it. It wasn't how I would have done Deadshot. As a big fan of Secret Six and classic Suicide Squad (first new 52 trade was ok) this didn't exactally feel like Deadhot. Was sort of a Deadshot Mr. Zsasz in some ways. I don't expect the show to perfectly mirror the DC universe and since it's not a Suicide Squad show and he was nothing but a minor villian of the week I'm ok with it.