The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Green Arrow tv show (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88737)

John Casey October 10th, 2012 09:34 PM

cross between Robin Hood and Batman....

Lucifer complex October 10th, 2012 11:37 PM

I liked it over all.except the new "speedy" I am an traditionalist on some things. For those who missed it, they will rebroadcast it friday night at 8:00 channel 11 in the ny area. looking foward to see the cast at the ny comic con.

thunderdude October 11th, 2012 12:27 AM

Well, it isn't the most traditional thing around, but I liked it. It is very action packed and comes on right before Supernatural which is a plus. Can't wait for Deathstroke!

ronaldj October 11th, 2012 06:37 AM

does it live up to my standards well yes it does.....and if it lives upm to yours well that is all that matters.....

Mark MacMillan October 11th, 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Casey (Post 1792666)
cross between Robin Hood and Batman....

In the 40's, yeah. But O'Neil's or Grell's or Smith's or Meltzer's or Diggle's GA...?

Not so much...

This actually seems like Grell's GA mixed with Diggle's GA (which I like)

They're even going to be incorporating China White (the woman who drugged and tortured GA in Diggle's GA: Y1) into this series.

Devlyn16 October 11th, 2012 01:03 PM

I admit this show turned out much better than I anticipated.

yes I still have minor gripes like Staring City instead of Star City ETC.

That said if they bring this level of quality to each episdoe They will have a satisfied viewer in me.

jafabian October 11th, 2012 01:08 PM

Watch the Pilot for Arrow Online!

For anyone who missed it.

Greg Waite October 11th, 2012 07:24 PM

It was pretty enjoyable. I really liked that shot on the island with a certain mask. (Not spoiling)

I'm hoping Ollie relaxes a little bit but maintains his humor. (Which wasn't really there)

I really loved the names they were dropping (Judge Grell, Diggle).

I just didn't care for Ollie jumping off the roofs and grabbing onto the sides. That looked a little cheesy but not too cheesy.

I'm curious to see what Ollie's dad told him and how those names are connected.

chrisbenes October 11th, 2012 07:53 PM

1st epiode was not bad at all. I did enjoy it. wasn't perfect but a good start.

I will say the whole mansion, rich kid thing reminded me of Lex from Smallville...Had that feel only it was the evil mother instead of the evil father.

Eric Q October 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

Pretty good.

The actors were solid aside a misstep here and there.

The action was great, especially for a tv show.

Only nitpick is the possible Oliver vs. Tommy storyline, I wouldn't be interested.

I do like that Speedy is his sister.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
I'm guessing Oliver was trained by Slade.

J-Liv October 12th, 2012 10:52 AM

This was interesting. It has some problems (not the least of which being the incredibly idiotic choice to make the big mystery for the series the question of Ollie's entire motivation... if there is one thing you NEVER leave to question...), but it accomplished what a pilot is intended to accomplish: it made me want to come back next week to find out more about the characters and story.

DaVeO October 12th, 2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1792789)
1st epiode was not bad at all. I did enjoy it. wasn't perfect but a good start.

I will say the whole mansion, rich kid thing reminded me of Lex from Smallville...Had that feel only it was the evil mother instead of the evil father.

I'm sure helped by the fact that Ollie is living in the same mansion as Lex. ;)

Overall my wife and I were entertained. It had great action, really great in fact. It gave us plenty of mysteries involving Ollie and that island which they can slowly roll out as plot dictates, which is brilliant. Intriguing references and a possible change in character that I could live with (although naming the character Mia would have been better).

It's the perfect lead-in to Supernatural (WB's other good show) so I get two hours of good television on one day. :cool:

jafabian October 12th, 2012 11:52 PM

First Look at Deathstroke in Arrow

Wg2100s October 13th, 2012 04:41 AM

IF Guggenheim's name is on this,i am sold.I have enjoyed all his shows.

chrisbenes October 15th, 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1792930)

very cool

jafabian October 18th, 2012 01:19 AM

Another Batman Villain is Coming to Arrow