The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Green Arrow tv show (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88737)

Jake1823 November 8th, 2012 01:23 PM

Haha, Kate Spencer was the prosecutor. Is Andreyko involved with this show?

chrisbenes November 8th, 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1798337)

not that I know of but they dropped other names of writers also. Most notable Andy Diggle

Eric Q November 8th, 2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Guardsman (Post 1798105)
Darn it! I forgot to program the VCR! Does Hulu offer this show?

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/arrow/full-episodes

Jake1823 November 8th, 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1798344)
not that I know of but they dropped other names of writers also. Most notable Andy Diggle

This was a nice shout-out, in that vein, but it also made sense since she's a DA in the DCU, also.

I wish Deathstroke didn't have such a bright mask. Also, the actions scenes are pretty good in this show; fifty times better than anything I ever saw in Smallville.

chrisbenes November 8th, 2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1798348)
This was a nice shout-out, in that vein, but it also made sense since she's a DA in the DCU, also.

I wish Deathstroke didn't have such a bright mask. Also, the actions scenes are pretty good in this show; fifty times better than anything I ever saw in Smallville.

I did not now that.

And I also agree on both points in regards to Deathstroke and the action scenes. This is much better than Smallville IMO.

Jake1823 November 8th, 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1798379)
I did not now that.

And I also agree on both points in regards to Deathstroke and the action scenes. This is much better than Smallville IMO.

Kate Spencer = Manhunter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Spencer

chrisbenes November 8th, 2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1798382)

that I know...for some reason I thought you meant the name Diggle....The Kate Spencer Manhunter run was one of my favorites.

Sorry just misunderstood ya.

jafabian November 8th, 2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1798348)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbenes (Post 1798379)
I did not now that.

Smallville slowly over time began to introduce elements of the DCU and it was favorably received. Based on that I'm betting the producers are going to just dive into things rather than just introducing things piecemeal.

I think Deathstroke should have had a black and silver mask. Still looked like one bad mamma jamma though.

Devlyn16 November 8th, 2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1798337)

Totally missed that! I was surprised to find an oddly accented, blonde Eddie Fyers holding Deathstrokes reins. This led to Deathstroke appearing more henchman than greatest Merc. on the face of the earth.

I was pleased to see Ollie wearing the face paint mask [still not as good as a real one] at the end of the episode.

A weird thought occured to me last night. Imagine if Ollies father pulled a weapon X on Ollie and his whole time on the island is a memory implant.

chrisbenes November 8th, 2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1798420)
Smallville slowly over time began to introduce elements of the DCU and it was favorably received. Based on that I'm betting the producers are going to just dive into things rather than just introducing things piecemeal.

I think Deathstroke should have had a black and silver mask. Still looked like one bad mamma jamma though.

I am liking the early introductions to DC characters....Although I liked Smallville it took a little too long for that to happen IMO.

What I am anxiously waiting for is for them to put Laurel in Fishnets :D

Lucifer complex November 9th, 2012 12:12 AM

the last two episodes have been a lot stronger. good to see deathstroke,even if it was brief.nice to see all the little nuggets they throw into the show.waiting for the royal flush gang next week.(even though I don't like their costumes.)

jafabian November 13th, 2012 04:03 PM

Seth Gabel Joins Arrow as Vertigo

WeirdoLegionnaire November 15th, 2012 08:44 AM

So John Barrowman's not Count Vertigo then, like most people (including myself) thought?

Hmmmm, wonder what big bad he is playing, then?

jafabian November 15th, 2012 12:52 PM

Huntress and Oliver Queen Meet in the New Arrow Promo

Greg Waite November 15th, 2012 02:07 PM

I'm really liking how Diggle interacts with Oliver. I'm waiting to see them team up and take on the bad guys.

jafabian November 16th, 2012 06:08 PM

'Arrow' casts 'True Blood' actor