The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geoff's film, television and video games! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   NBC picks up Kelley's Wonder Woman pilot (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82582)

jafabian January 22nd, 2011 03:10 AM

NBC picks up Kelley's Wonder Woman pilot

From CBR: NBC Orders Wonder Woman Pilot

jon-el87 January 22nd, 2011 04:52 AM

Quote:

Here she’ll be Diana Prince, a vigilante crimefighter and successful corporate executive in Los Angeles who tries to “balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.”

So, she'll pretty much be a mixture of Power Girl, Manhunter & WW...?

achilles140 January 22nd, 2011 09:49 AM

I have misgivings about this, though I've also heard that the lasso, bracelets, and plane figure into the mix as well. Still, more often than not, a DC property brought to anything other than animation seems to fail big time. And it usually starts with taking big liberties with the source material.

Arkham Inmate 204 January 22nd, 2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achilles140 (Post 1660845)
I have misgivings about this, though I've also heard that the lasso, bracelets, and plane figure into the mix as well. Still, more often than not, a DC property brought to anything other than animation seems to fail big time. And it usually starts with taking big liberties with the source material.

Agreed 100%. I'll give it a watch, but it just doesn't sound at all promising.

DaVeO January 22nd, 2011 09:03 PM

It's only a PR release, lots can change. Besides every hero is considered a vigilante pretty much. It's just such an edgy sounding word to executives rather then ambassador of peace.

smallville January 22nd, 2011 11:57 PM

If its through NBC how much access with they have to pull on DC mythology? Smallville has to clear all the characters they bring into the show don't they? Would DC let NBC have additional properties to establish a universe? Will WW have established DCU heroes as guest stars?
I hope this is more successful then their remake of the Bionice Woman...

Greg Owens January 23rd, 2011 10:11 AM

Sounds terrible. I hate to get all fanboy but this sounds like all kinds of bad.

imarriedsatanII January 23rd, 2011 12:10 PM

Yeah, I don't have much hope. I'll hold off until we hear casting choices and get more info.

5andman January 24th, 2011 11:32 AM

Ugggh. I was hoping that Kelly would get bored and focus on his other properties.

Then again, it's only for a pilot, so if NBC finds it un-viewable then we have nothing to worry abou.

DarkeSword January 24th, 2011 11:36 AM

It'll last one season.

Maybe.

michealdark January 24th, 2011 11:40 AM

Having her as a governement agent or something would have been fine. Do we need "Diana Prince, CEO" to know that she's tough? Couldn't "Diana Prince, Agent for the US Bureau of whatever" done just as well? I mean having her work for the US government has never been a problem before.

ADGood January 25th, 2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michealdark (Post 1661285)
Having her as a governement agent or something would have been fine. Do we need "Diana Prince, CEO" to know that she's tough? Couldn't "Diana Prince, Agent for the US Bureau of whatever" done just as well?

Or, "Diana Prince: she can crack your skull in half with her pinky-toe."

michealdark January 25th, 2011 12:51 PM

They shoved PG's idetity onto Diana. It makes no sense.

If you wanted to do something completely different with her, make her an MMA fighter. :p

virtuadept January 25th, 2011 01:03 PM

it may not even get made into a TV show. many pilots don't.

tlm1260 January 25th, 2011 01:32 PM

I actually think JMS's urban fantasy version of Wonder Woman, including the costume (I think it looks better without the jacket but I don't hate it the way some people seem to), would work pretty well as a live action TV series.

Kelley's idea might work but so far I don't have high hopes.

jafabian January 25th, 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtuadept (Post 1661619)
it may not even get made into a TV show. many pilots don't.

Good point. The Aquaman pilot looked good in the teaser. They had a solid cast lined up yet it still didn't get picked up.