The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   DC Comics (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Final Crisis 2 preview (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60410)

SageShinigami June 24th, 2008 06:30 PM

Final Crisis 2 preview

Check it out here.

Jake1823 June 24th, 2008 06:42 PM

Radion? What's that?

SageShinigami June 24th, 2008 06:45 PM

No idea. Decent start to issue 2 though. I tried to wait until tomorrow so I could read it all, but I couldn't help it. :D

oddballuk June 24th, 2008 06:47 PM

I really get the feeling that the society stuff is going to kick off in big style this issue. What is Libra going to do for Clayface? What is he planning to do to Superman?

I'm also really digging the police investigation angel on the Green Lanterns.

Nothing major in this preview (not that I was expecting any big spoilers in the preview) but it looks good and Morrison's dialogue seems even better in this preview.

Jake1823 June 24th, 2008 06:48 PM

Interesting, though, that he referenced the Salvation Run plot where J'onn impersonated Blockbuster. Maybe that was something Morrison had thought of before?

dl316bh June 24th, 2008 06:53 PM

Well, he did say he'd had to adjust a few things on account of Countdown before until he just couldn't anymore. Maybe the refrence to Salvation Run was one of those.

Anyways, looks good to me.

RJ Squires June 24th, 2008 06:57 PM

Beats me, however, Alpha Lantern Kraken is turning out to be a real bitch.

Amentep June 24th, 2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1255308)
Radion? What's that?

This or this? :p

krypt0nian June 24th, 2008 06:59 PM

From wiki:

Radion may refer to:

* Radion (physics), a scalar field in quantum field theory in spacetimes with additional dimensions

* A DC comics villain (see List of DC Comics metahumans)
* A toxic substance in DC comics (List of objects in the DC Universe)
* A unit of radiation exposure in (Battlestar Galactica terminology)

Mark MacMillan June 24th, 2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake1823 (Post 1255317)
Interesting, though, that he referenced the Salvation Run plot where J'onn impersonated Blockbuster. Maybe that was something Morrison had thought of before?

Wouldn't be surprised if some version of the concept/idea was already part of the script and rough points that Morrison handed into DC editorial before CD was implemented.

superfriend June 24th, 2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ Squires (Post 1255328)
Beats me, however, Alpha Lantern Kraken is turning out to be a real bitch.

man, seems like all the Alpha Lanterns got a healthy dose of biotch. prolly the point, but boy would i like to see them get some comeuppance.

and also, aside from the New Gods and Monitor stuff not syncing up with FC, I don't really think the Alpha Lanterns are working with what I've read in the GL comics either.

at least the GL comics (and Geoff) was more overt about linking to Grant but so much was made of them being Internal Affairs. i don't see how Hal or John have boned this investigation enough for there to be a suspicion that Hal and John are crooked or in need of IA to step in.

And "backwater?" was it not the Guardians who said that Earth was the center of the multiverse? or (somebody help me) was that in Countdown? if so, then i'll ignore it.

reverting from uber-fanboi to enthusiastic reader...can't wait for tomorrow. looks awesome.

Jamal Igle June 24th, 2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfriend (Post 1255334)
man, seems like all the Alpha Lanterns got a healthy dose of biotch. prolly the point, but boy would i like to see them get some comeuppance.

and also, aside from the New Gods and Monitor stuff not syncing up with FC, I don't really think the Alpha Lanterns are working with what I've read in the GL comics either.

at least the GL comics (and Geoff) was more overt about linking to Grant but so much was made of them being Internal Affairs. i don't see how Hal or John have boned this investigation enough for there to be a suspicion that Hal and John are crooked or in need of IA to step in.

And "backwater?" was it not the Guardians who said that Earth was the center of the multiverse? or (somebody help me) was that in Countdown? if so, then i'll ignore it.

reverting from uber-fanboi to enthusiastic reader...can't wait for tomorrow. looks awesome.

the Guardians see Earth as the center of the universe but there are alot of aliens who think of earth as a mudball not worth a tinker's damn.

RJ Squires June 24th, 2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamal Igle (Post 1255344)
the Guardians see Earth as the center of the universe but there are alot of aliens who think of earth as a mudball not worth a tinker's damn.

Now why is that? Is it because Hal Jordan is from Earth and what previously happened with him and the GL Corps members?

superfriend June 24th, 2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamal Igle (Post 1255344)

true.

i just thought the ALphas were so much more the Guardian's lapdogs than anyone and if the Guardians think the Earth is hotsh*t, it seemed a little unAlpha. they strike me as the ultimate company-"men", almost automotons. like the Earth would be one of the most precious things to protect.

I s'pose we might be seeing some individuality on Kraken's part.

Mark MacMillan June 24th, 2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfriend (Post 1255334)

It was revealed in GL (but only the Guardians know that the main Earth is important to the Multiverse, because they're one of the few species that knows about the Multiverse's existence)

superfriend June 24th, 2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark MacMillan (Post 1255353)
It was revealed in GL (but only the Guardians know that the main Earth is important to the Multiverse, because they're one of the few species that knows about the Multiverse's existence)

but I mean, they don't communicate to the Alpha Lanterns (seemingly the inner circle of GLdom) that Earth is probably one of the most important planetoids in the entire Multiverse? like, it's not worth harboring prejudice against it cause this is the crown jewel of everything that is. it's like a bodyguard hating on their client. it's nowhere near outside the realm of possibility but I thought the Guardians ran a tighter ship.

I guess they're secretive but it almost reads like another fissure in the bond between FC and what DC has been doing the last year or so.

FC is almost a cautionary tale for planning TOO far in advance. Lots of time for people to screw things up. Darned if you do, darned if you don't I guess.