The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Green Lantern (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Unofficial Green Lantern Corps Web Page - update! (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5977)

DRMOUSE2814 June 18th, 2005 07:18 PM

The Unofficial Green Lantern Corps Web Page - update!
 
It's been a long time... but there's an update!

We're still in the midst of a revamp, so apologies for any lumps in the gravy. ;)

(Link below)

King_Hal_Jordan June 18th, 2005 07:53 PM

You need to update Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog, and The Guardian's profiles to establish the new status quo and update the profiles of the GLs who appeared in the Wanted! storyline by Ben Raab.

If anyone else could update *Cough*me*Cough* it would already be done. :D

I enjoy meticulously updating information.

DRMOUSE2814 June 18th, 2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Hal_Jordan
You need to update Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog, and The Guardian's profiles to establish the new status quo and update the profiles of the GLs who appeared in the Wanted! storyline by Ben Raab..

Hence the aforementioned "lumps" :)

The profiles that have been posted are only about 25% of what's on my computer. At last count, including the GL series indexes, there were 1,093 files. Believe it or not, They're all being worked on and will see the light of day... someday.

I am planning on a post-INFINITE CRISIS update next spring to bring everything up-to-date, then fill in the back history. In the meantime, there's a lot of excellent sites out there with more current info... we're going for the old, obscure stuff... Green Glob anyone? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Hal_Jordan
If anyone else could update *Cough*me*Cough* it would already be done. :D

I enjoy meticulously updating information.

Thanks, but I'm enjoying the GLCWP too much to start outsourcing the page. :cool: The writing's done by yours truly, with edits as needed by webmaster Tenzel Kim.

Lord malvolio June 18th, 2005 09:17 PM

Looks great Doc!

but '*Starship* Green Lantern,"? oi..........

King_Hal_Jordan June 18th, 2005 10:08 PM

Gotta agree with Mal, I'm pretty glad that didn't get picked up.

darthlucifuge June 18th, 2005 11:08 PM

yeh that star ship thing was pretty lame.

DRMOUSE2814 June 19th, 2005 07:26 AM

While I'd lose the name "Starship Green Lantern" once past the proposal phase, I thought some of the concepts were workable - the starship made from canabalized off-world tech, visiting homeworlds of some of the Mosaic cities, DCU Earth actually being proactive in meeting aliens rather than waiting for the latest invasion or alien crashlanding!

John's relationship with the Xanshi survivors was much more interesting than the repetative returns of the increasingly ineffectual Fatality, or John's "in-and-out-of-the-wheelchair-as-punishment" days.

DRMOUSE2814 April 15th, 2007 11:00 AM

*BUMP*

After doing our best to make the 9-times-a-year GREEN LANTERN shipping schedule look timely in comparison, there should be a GLCWP update in the next few weeks.

I have been e-mailing profiles to my editor / webmaster and am looking forward to having some Sinestro Corps items on the page. Stay tuned. :)

Lundonj April 15th, 2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRMOUSE2814 (Post 998331)
*BUMP*

After doing our best to make the 9-times-a-year GREEN LANTERN shipping schedule look timely in comparison, there should be a GLCWP update in the next few weeks.

I have been e-mailing profiles to my editor / webmaster and am looking forward to having some Sinestro Corps items on the page. Stay tuned. :)


I will stay tuned! I spend way too much time there. I'm kinda freaky that way. But, as the man said, "Green Lantern is cool, period."


-Don

Mark MacMillan April 15th, 2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRMOUSE2814 (Post 998331)
*BUMP*

After doing our best to make the 9-times-a-year GREEN LANTERN shipping schedule look timely in comparison, there should be a GLCWP update in the next few weeks.

I have been e-mailing profiles to my editor / webmaster and am looking forward to having some Sinestro Corps items on the page. Stay tuned. :)

Looking forward to it. Maybe a separate index devoted to the Book of Parallax is in order though Doc.

What do you think?

DRMOUSE2814 April 15th, 2007 02:17 PM

I'd been giving that some consideration, but waiting until the numbers really explode.

So far I've sent over Sinestro Corps members Despotellis, Kiriazis, and Low. Despotellis needs yet another re-write, and the other two of course were extremely easy, since there's really not much to be told. For GLs, Shirea Vaas, Bd'g, and the GL of Hykraius.

I've also been chewing over a "current activities" addition for some of the woefully incomplete profiles like Hal, John, Guy, Kyle and Alan.

There's about 80 new profiles I want to have online, spread out across the rest of 2007. I'm hoping to get some profiles related to ION & the GL CORPS Corpse 3-parter completed soon.

Mark MacMillan April 15th, 2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRMOUSE2814 (Post 998493)
I'd been giving that some consideration, but waiting until the numbers really explode.

So far I've sent over Sinestro Corps members Despotellis, Kiriazis, and Low. Despotellis needs yet another re-write, and the other two of course were extremely easy, since there's really not much to be told. For GLs, Shirea Vaas, Bd'g, and the GL of Hykraius.

I've also been chewing over a "current activities" addition for some of the woefully incomplete profiles like Hal, John, Guy, Kyle and Alan.

There's about 80 new profiles I want to have online, spread out across the rest of 2007. I'm hoping to get some profiles related to ION & the GL CORPS Corpse 3-parter completed soon.

Awesome stuff. Good luck with that. :)

Ryster April 15th, 2007 06:30 PM

Looks like the page is well on the way for some updates. I've always loved your site. Can't wait to see what comes up. If you need any stuff on Sorinok Natu. Let me know. I had a failed site on her, I had tons on her and her former and current partners.

Tenzel Kim April 17th, 2007 12:57 PM

Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.

Lundonj April 17th, 2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim (Post 1000821)
Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.

Cool. I'll keep checking back then...!


-Don

DRMOUSE2814 April 17th, 2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim (Post 1000821)
Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.

Aww man, the boss is here... gotta look busy. :)

For anyone that doesn't know him, or his site, Tenz runs the excellent UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE DC UNIVERSE http://www.dcuguide.com/ .

Visit soon! Visit often!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2000-2008 Comic Bloc All characters and titles are by their respective owners.