The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   DC Comics (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   this weeks LITG romor about crisis (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21582)

horatio caine February 28th, 2006 10:48 AM

this weeks LITG romor about crisis

in lying in the gutters this week, it says that the scripts for crisis have been late, and that perez is pencilling #6. they gave it a red light though, meaning take it with a grain of salt.

think its true?

MattmanBegins February 28th, 2006 10:52 AM

Could be.

RonFarrell February 28th, 2006 10:57 AM

Certainly won't complain if George does all pencils.

asmith16 February 28th, 2006 10:59 AM

Well in a recent interview Perez did commented that after his vacation ended in January he was a little surprised by the amount of pages of IC #6 he was assigned to pencilled. Also at the NYCC Didio did commented about Geoff's scripts being late.

MattmanBegins February 28th, 2006 11:01 AM

The plot doth thicken...

horatio caine February 28th, 2006 11:01 AM

****, its supposed to say "rumor", not "romor", in the title of this thread. idiot!!!

Can1 February 28th, 2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horatio caine
****, its supposed to say "rumor", not "romor", in the title of this thread. idiot!!!

horatio you owe horatio an apology

MattmanBegins February 28th, 2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can1
horatio you owe horatio an apology

Ha ha.

Matches February 28th, 2006 11:06 AM

Perez is taking a big part in the pencilling of both #6 and #7, iirc. At least his work looks somewhat similar to Phil's... not quite as jarring as some of other artists they've mismashed into the story.

horatio caine February 28th, 2006 11:12 AM

yeah, i just like talking about all this stuff. cuz you know they WILL never admit it if the scripts were late. as a matter of fact, this thread will probably get eliminated.

Brian Miller February 28th, 2006 12:27 PM

I don't think Geoff would have any problem admitting that he's late with a script. I think he's man enough to say when it's him that has dropped the ball.

Matches February 28th, 2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Miller
I don't think Geoff would have any problem admitting that he's late with a script. I think he's man enough to say when it's him that has dropped the ball.

I agree. I think the reason for the delays will eventually be addressed.

CmdrJBond February 28th, 2006 12:51 PM

My guess is that if Geoff was "late" on a script, that it was related either to last-minute editorial changes, OR that something might have happened from the development of 52 that made certain changes necessary. I highly doubt it's because he had to write his way out of a corner or was just slapping something together (IIRC, the Wizard interview with him suggested that the scripts were a lot tougher than a regular monthly title, but even a few months ago, he was listed as having finished #7 already).

horatio caine February 28th, 2006 02:07 PM

i dont think geoff being late was his fault. i think it was an editorial problem.

Brian Miller February 28th, 2006 02:10 PM

Who has said Geoff has been late other than a rumor site whose percentage of getting thing right are probably less than 33.33%?

Can1 February 28th, 2006 02:30 PM

Hmmm

In truth .. I don't really care .. don't care if its a little late .. don't care if its Perez or Jimenez or even Reis pencilling it .. I don't care if the reason its late is because as RJ has suggested in previous columns .. DC (Didio) changed the story to include/exclude/mention/ignore/blow up the multiverse

why don't I care

this is a big a$$ed fun story .. full of fan boy exposition and over the top action .. its the reason why we are not casual readers ... why we are readers that go to conventions and talk about books and creators on MB .... its tremendous ... no wait .. ITS TREMENDOUS FUN

because whether its Perez or Jiminez or Reis ... all I can say is hot dog can these guys drawer some fancy picture

because waiting a week or two is such small price for all the fun that has lead up to this book .. and for all the fun that is clearly going to lead to down the road

I realize folks are a bit disappointed .. just attempting to keep it in perspective