PDA

View Full Version : Gotham Central: Unresolved Targets misprint

collectededitions
May 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM
It seems that page 106 of my Gotham Central: Unresolved Targets trade is missing most of its dialogue, and I've found a couple other people with the same. Did anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if DC's going to reissue it?

The page corresponds to Gotham Central #19, and the page starts "--appreciate a call before one of my detectives walks into a hostage standoff." If anyone has that issue and would transcribe the dialogue from that page, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

------------------------
Have you visited the wait-for-trade headquarters?
http://collectededitions.blogspot.com
------------------------

gabi
May 10th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I am not the best typist. But, here goes. Hope it makes more sense, now.

Panel Three:
Driver: Understood, Lieutenant Cornwell....It just, kind of, happened..

Cornwell: Yes, Captain Brody explainde the whole situation overthe phone. Still, before you walk into a hotzone, I'd like to know. I'm understaffed right now as it is...

Panel four:
Driver: Yes, Sir. Next time I'll call in first. Is that all?
Conrwell: Yes, you can go.

Panel Five:
Driver: Lietenant? I was wondering if you'd mind my looking into the hawks case for a few days?

Panel Six:
Cornwell: Explain.

Panel Seven:
Driver: I'm not sure I can , exactly. It's just something that he said before he painted the ceiling. he seemed to think he was responsible for killing his teammates.

Ovid
May 22nd, 2006, 08:50 AM
It seems that page 106 of my Gotham Central: Unresolved Targets trade is missing most of its dialogue, and I've found a couple other people with the same. Did anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if DC's going to reissue it?

The page corresponds to Gotham Central #19, and the page starts "--appreciate a call before one of my detectives walks into a hostage standoff." If anyone has that issue and would transcribe the dialogue from that page, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

------------------------
Have you visited the wait-for-trade headquarters?
http://collectededitions.blogspot.com
------------------------
I'd return that to the shop, if I were you. That's just unacceptable.

Jared465
May 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
I'd return that to the shop, if I were you. That's just unacceptable.

unless the whole print run is like that and then you're SOL. Maybe if DC gets a enough returns, they may reprint it..................

Ovid
May 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Well, the copies in my shop in London (UK) all had the misprint.

jacoblb
July 26th, 2006, 04:01 AM
My copy was defective too. Luckily I have the single issue to compare with. I would never have known about this had it not been for this board, so thanks. I have already contacted my retailer and asked to switch my copy out with good one, if such a thing exists. I still haven't heard a peep, but I suspect the whole lot of these got printed wrong and I hope DC responds by making an annoucement and correcting this problem.

Colin Solan
July 26th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah mine's wrong as well

Rucka
July 26th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Your LCS should substitute a "good" copy without hesitation. The error is not - to my knowledge - consistent in the entire printrun, but I'll doublecheck on that. If it's confined to a specific batch, then the distributor should be taking those books back and replacing them.

Please keep me posted on this.

GR

gabi
July 31st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Mine are all that way as well.

G.

jacoblb
August 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Well, my retailer wrote me to say he wrote to Diamond/DC about getting a resolution and that was a few weeks ago. My retailer did offer me store credit to return it, but I don't want to return or exchange my copy unless it's for a non-defective GC:UT edition. It would be nice if someone who has a non-defective copy would visit the board and state for a fact that such a copy exists. I'm concerned because a supporter of TP might not realize there's supposed to be dialogue on the page and maybe those readers are of the percentile that do not go to comic book message boards.

Rucka
August 1st, 2006, 04:51 PM
Right now, it seems to be throughout the print run; I've contacted DC and am waiting to hear back from them about what's going to be done.

GCPD Stoolie
August 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Right now, it seems to be throughout the print run; I've contacted DC and am waiting to hear back from them about what's going to be done.

Did you ever find out what they're going to do about this?

I'm a huge Gotham Central fan (it's one of my favorite comics of all time) and I was really disappionted that TPTB decided not to include all the issues in the proper order -- but I still bought the TPs because I liked the book so much. But if they're not going to fix the error, then I know that personally I won't be getting the TPs any longer. Either way, I guess I'll return my defective copy of the new TP to my retailer and hope for the best.

Oh, btw, there's another error besides that page missing the dialogue balloons, fyi. On the two-page spread at the start of all the characters, the images for Bartlett and Kasinsky are swapped (as they're referred to by the opposite names throughout the book). I thought someone posted there were other random dialogue balloons missing elsewhere, but I have not gone through to compare the entire book with the actual issues. Hopefully, if they do a corrected re-issue, TPTB will do so.

Thanks for being part of a great series -- and I hope there'll be reason to still buy the TPs!

Rucka
August 23rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
I've heard from DC about the problem, and somewhat unhappily have to report that 1) the mistakes are throughout the print run, and 2) the mistakes will be corrected in the second printing.

Given that, at least as I understand it, a second printing comes about only after a first printing sells through, it may be quite a while before the error is corrected.

I am very sorry to everyone who received a defective copy; if/when a second print run hits the stores, I would urge everyone to exchange defective copies for corrected ones. I wish there was more I could do or say on the subject.

GR

GCPD Stoolie
August 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, Greg.

While I know it's not your fault, I find that incredibly lame on DC's part. This, teamed with the fact that they were already skipping issues in the run in the TPs, is enough for me to not buy the TPs anymore. I'll be returning my copy of Unresolved Targets to the store. If/when they reissue a corrected second printing, then maybe I'll go back to getting the TPs.

It would have been nice to have had the entire run in TP form, but what are you gonna do...

jacoblb
August 24th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, Greg, thanks so much for the follow up.
I'll inform my LCS of the latest news.

jacoblb
August 30th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I have a short term suggestion:

I loaned the single issue comic books of Unresolved Targets out to my sister a long time ago so I could possibly scan in the page for people to print and insert into the TP on their own, if it's permissible and legal to do so here.

Would this action be useful or helpful for anyone?

Maybe this will suffice until the 2nd printing comes around.

KYUSS
February 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I have a short term suggestion:

I loaned the single issue comic books of Unresolved Targets out to my sister a long time ago so I could possibly scan in the page for people to print and insert into the TP on their own, if it's permissible and legal to do so here.

Would this action be useful or helpful for anyone?

Maybe this will suffice until the 2nd printing comes around.

sounds cool, but is it allowed?

Rucka
February 25th, 2007, 07:50 PM
No idea, but it's a good idea. Worst case scenario, someone is told to cease & desist.

Danny Perkins
February 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I'd guess that is violating some sort of copyright law.

But one page of one book isn't likely to ruffle to many feathers.

jacoblb
March 15th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Well, here's a scan of the page with dialogue from the single issue of GC #19 for anyone that owns the excellent Unresolved Targets story arc TP.
Sorry it took so long.
(The comic was on loan to a family member and not only did it take a while to get the comic(s) returned, but freaking HP has some sort of driver incompatibility with IE 7, which I never use for a browser, except just to patch the OS. I don't know if I'm more pissed at HP or MS.)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/mechamon/GC19.jpg