PDA

View Full Version : Ok Power Girl: 40DD or 42DD?

Lord malvolio
February 13th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Or bigger? She seems to be growing in every pic of her now... :D

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0602/13/supermanbatman27.jpg

bgztl
February 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Or bigger? She seems to be growing in every pic of her now... :D

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0602/13/supermanbatman27.jpg

:o

I hate to say this, but I'm sort of sorry to see this pic. On the one hand, THIS is approaching the improbability of Wally Wood sketches!! It's got a certain historical appeal.

On the other hand, It's gotten so outrageous it's almost a parody. When Amanda did it in cartoon style it was kind of neat. But in a more realistic style (non-caricature) it's just sort of grotesque.

Also, this pic doesn't make me want to read the book.

Somehow there is a fine line between cartoon & "serious" comic style that's being crossed here. It's sort of like when Jim Aparo drew a perfect Jack Cole Plastic Man right in the middle of a serious, 1970's Batman tale.

It's neat to look at, but somehow unsatisfying.

The Krystal Method
February 13th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Well, realistically, if she's a superbabe, she's probably a 38DD, being that 38 is her chest measurement and DD being her cup size.

40-42DD is for more heavier set women I've been told o_o

and going by bg's post -- you mean there are guys in this world that don't like huge badookadukes? D: IT BOGGLES THE MIND, I TELLS YA!!! ;)

Teen Lantern#2
February 14th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I like the normal size ones that she used to have in her first appearancey. I'm not a boob guy so I'm not really for huge ones.

BTW is this a cover to a Superman/Batman comic, or another DCU comic?

Son of Shadow
February 14th, 2006, 12:08 AM
From the ice-age to the dole-age
there is but one concern
I have just discovered

Some girls are bigger than others
some girls are bigger than others
some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers

As Antony said to Cleopatra
as he opened a crate of ale
oh I say

Some girls are bigger than others
some girls are bigger than others
some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers

Ethan Van Sciver
February 14th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Oh stop. Some women do have breasts that large. Powergirl does. :)

The Krystal Method
February 14th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Ethan, for the record, I am a HUGE fan of your version of PowerGirl's Wondertwins, so many props to you, sir! :D

Personally, I think this is the best cover to grace the Superman/Batman series to date.

Ethan Van Sciver
February 14th, 2006, 01:23 AM
That's nice of you to say, Krystal.

Guy_Gardner
February 14th, 2006, 01:34 AM
the only way this could look any better would be if Barbara Gordon's Batgirl was somehow involved

Jeffrey Neary
February 14th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Its hard to believe that someone referred to PowerGirl's breasts as unsatisfying!!!

They are Breasts Guys...Women Have them. Learn to enjoy.

hawkman91
February 14th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Its hard to believe that someone referred to PowerGirl's breasts as unsatisfying!!!

They are Breasts Guys...Women Have them. Learn to enjoy.
Preach on Brother Jeffrey ........Preach on ..........

The Krystal Method
February 14th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I just think it's so awesome that Ethan drew these women with curves rather then drawing them like your typical stick-figured bimbo :P I mean, LOOK AT THEM! They're effing gorgeous!!!! It's just unbelievable how beautiful this cover is! My jaw is still on the ground!

If I were to name the drawing that made me an Ethan fan for life, this would have to be it.

Lord malvolio
February 14th, 2006, 10:36 AM
OK, it's the battle of the breasts! Which set are bigger???

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0602/13/supergirl8.jpg

So is it a mandate now at DC for Powergirls juggs to be HUGE now? To help sell comics? I mean, I am enamored by her now.... 38DDD?

don kramer
February 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM
As a guy that had to draw the 'wonder twins' for a few years, I think Ethan's cover looks great. Face it, Powergirl is a bit more ......voluptuous than other superheroines.
Ethan's version isn't outlandish. It fits with the current interpretation of the character and is not at ridiculous proportions as some have drawn her. Big, yes. Outlandish, no.

Good job Ethan.

The Krystal Method
February 15th, 2006, 12:37 AM
OK, it's the battle of the breasts! Which set are bigger???

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0602/13/supergirl8.jpg

So is it a mandate now at DC for Powergirls juggs to be HUGE now? To help sell comics? I mean, I am enamored by her now.... 38DDD?

I still say Supergirl looks like Rachel McAdams in this picture.

As far as Ms. PowerGirl's boobles in that image, I am not too fond of 'em :P It looks like Supergirl's ready to pop the wondertwins like balloons XD

Oh, and to add to the thread, my friend has boobs that big and they are killer on her back :P Someone should write about PowerGirl having backaches due to the w.t.'s.

Bedlam66
February 15th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Powergirls Size is NOTHING true story I knew a girl who at 16 (and not A heavy girl) Had a Cheat that Measured a 46KK She had to wait untill she turned 18 before they would reduce he breast size though Surgery. It happens Girls breasts do get that large without implants. Besides they do look very lickable :p

hawkman91
February 15th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Only in this forum ... would there be a semi serious discussion about a character's boob size lmao..................god I love this place!

Argent
February 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Just remember, Wally Wood - her creator - was the man who first gave her the inflato-bags. He'd draw them a little bigger each appearance waiting for editorial to finally catch him and say, "Knock it off, man!" They never did...

I think it is fine for PG to be the curvy one, just as long as we don't get into grotesque parody like some cheap stripper using beach balls for implants.

Gattman
February 15th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I feel sorry for her back :)

Matt Olsen
February 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM
"Oh, so that's why you read comics."

Amentep
February 15th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I feel sorry for her back :)

PG's superstrong and superdurable, I imagine she can take the strain...

Of course if she wasn't using like half her superstrength to support her chest all the time, imagine how strong she'd really be! :wtf: :D

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with Powergirl's chest size in Ethan's picture.

Ethan Van Sciver
February 16th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks, Don! I'm flattered by that, since I think you're one of a few artists who really 'got' Powergirl's look right.

EVS

stephen sadowski
February 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yo Ethan..Thats a beauty cover!! I actually think they are on the CONSERVATIVE side!! Compare that to some other renditions of late, EESH!!
GOOD WORK!!
Steve

Sean Boyle
February 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM
This thread is hilarious. All the attention on Power Girl and I think Huntress looks amazing. Nice job!

Ethan Van Sciver
February 16th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Ha ha! Thanks, Steve! Ever since the 90's and the excesses thereof, I think some people instinctively have a negative reaction to seeing idealized women in comics. I do too, I must admit. In those comics, EVERY woman, even the background extras, were incredibly endowed goddesses. Amongst all of that, why exactly should I as a reader be impressed by Wonder Woman?

My own private rebellion is to make most normal people, (you know,civilians) hideous carny freaks so that someone like Power Girl stands out. Heh. S'fun, and it keeps you on your toes.

Falloutboy
February 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
What a great cover! Is that for a Superman/Batman issue? Can't wait! I think EVS's Powergirl looks classy! The image under Ethan's looks a bit skanky, but...ah, I don't know where I'm going with this! lol.

Hey, where's the 2nd cover from too?

Argent
February 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM
The second is from Supergirl OYL.

I noticed that Ethan's PG is more Hip-y than the second cover's. Ethan's reminds me of Danni Ashe in build - busty with hips, but with a tight waist.

Falloutboy
February 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Ah cool, thanks!

RascallianStarSapphire
March 5th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Yes, Ethan, the cover is magnificent! Wanna put me a pair of what Powergirl has on layaway... LOL!

RascallianStarSapphire
March 5th, 2006, 08:49 AM
And she doesn't have Big size 9.5 feet, mercy!

magicspoon
March 5th, 2006, 02:14 PM
They are Breasts Guys...Women Have them.

whoa!

Where are the spoiler tags!

Ram
March 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I can't believe I just found this thread :o

John Hays
March 12th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Ha ha! Thanks, Steve! Ever since the 90's and the excesses thereof, I think some people instinctively have a negative reaction to seeing idealized women in comics. I do too, I must admit. In those comics, EVERY woman, even the background extras, were incredibly endowed goddesses. Amongst all of that, why exactly should I as a reader be impressed by Wonder Woman?

My own private rebellion is to make most normal people, (you know,civilians) hideous carny freaks so that someone like Power Girl stands out. Heh. S'fun, and it keeps you on your toes.

Okay, so if Geoff ever decides to use my name for a character, PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME A CIVILIAN.

:p

GldenageFlsh
March 22nd, 2006, 06:14 AM
Just remember, Wally Wood - her creator - was the man who first gave her the inflato-bags. He'd draw them a little bigger each appearance waiting for editorial to finally catch him and say, "Knock it off, man!" They never did...

I think it is fine for PG to be the curvy one, just as long as we don't get into grotesque parody like some cheap stripper using beach balls for implants.
Hey I'm 42 I remember those issues and you're right they were pretty big. I guess thats why I was always a fan. :p Seriously though Woods did draw them big and I guess thats why I don't see what the fuss is.

Esco
March 26th, 2006, 09:02 PM
OK,
1st, Magicspoon? I don't know but your Thor? Please Bro, OK?
Speaking as a outspoken Powergirl fan, ask Don, I will say, Ethan, your Powergirls, *ahem*, PowergirL looks great.
Wally Wood liked his ladies built like LADIES, like Frazetta, and that's the way Powergirl should look. She should remind us that Wally freakin' Wood came up with her and we should thank him every time she appears. I know I do.
And as far as size, I am a breastman, natural only please, and as far as I'm concerned they should knock stuff over when she flies. That's just me.
BTW, Ethan, your blog is awesome.

GWHH
August 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
I read someone (just recently) where that each new artist tries to makes POWER GIRL Bbreast BIGGER as joke to see how big they can go before someone tell them to stop.

And its been going on for a while also. Wally Wood and Bob Layton who started in issue #38 of Power Girl... Wood was also an artist on the book. Power Girl first appeared in issue #58. Her "booby hatch closed in #68 because it became easier to draw her and Wood thought it was also sexier. As long as Wood drew and inked the book he started making PG top heavy a little at a time. He was caught and he said he just wanted to see how long it took people to notice.

I have notice over the last few years and it is just me or does it seems that Donna Troy chest seems noticeably LARGER (in the terms of total breast volume NOT WEIGHT OR MASS) than Wonderwoman. She is 3 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than WW. Is it the costumes that they both wear or is her chest that much larger than WW

I think they give Donna Troy a larger chest on puropse so you can tell them apart right away.. WW body is the idea shape for a women. Donna Troy Is A Little more busty and bigger hips than than WW, more like an average women frame.

The reason for this is Power Girl has been made bigger over the years and was "it" on purpose. Just wondering if they were doing the same thing for Donna Troy.

What do you all think about this?

DaVeO
August 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
This has to be one of the strangest first posts I've ever read. Kind of gives everyone a weird first impression of you, dude. :wtf:

mego joe
September 13th, 2012, 12:59 AM
This thread has somehow been resurrected. And what a thread it is...

FTR, I have been a PG fan since All-Star #65 bought new. I had no idea when I bought it what I was buying, but boy am I glad I did...